IGNORED

Today's Match

whale

Just got back home in Sheffield and thought I would pass on my views of today's match!

Today I went with 5 others from Uni, and just for background, one was a Norwich fan, one Ipswich, One Newcastle, One Wednesday and another was City fan too.

First half we were the better team. We had all the chances and should have been two ahead had Maynard not slipped. I can genuinely not remember one chance that Barnsley had in the first half. We pressed well and Barnsley struggled to play through their midfield. We looked comfortable basically at half time.

Second half started similar. However, Barnsley got more and more into it and then scored their goal. It seemed to come about from Skuse getting a little over excited when defending a corner. We cleared the ball which he then chased. Whilst nice to see him passionate and putting in lots of effort, when he goes walking, we need someone to cover him, which didn't happen quick enough! The played it down our right, crossed it in on the floor and their player was left with a simple finish.

They had one more chance after but then retreated and the game opened up. Bolasie came on for Woolford and looked good. Was nice to see someone, who despite being very raw, put in lots of effort and looked like he had lots of potential.

City had a few chances after they equalised which was good to see. We didn't cave in as we have become accustomed to in recent times. McGivern hit a free kick over from a good position before Elliot hit over after Adomah ran through on the right. A few minutes later, Adomah did exactly the same but this time it was Maynard in that position and as you all know, he made no mistake!

My friends told me Maynard had two shots cleared of the line but I can't remember them to be honest!

James made one great save but did go wandering at times. Never cost a goal and he looked delighted with the win too.

McGivern seemed to have the best match I have seen him have which was good to see.

Kilkenny dominated the midfield and clearly likes having Cisse in the team. He was involved in nearly everything good we did today.

Cisse was very good also and I can only remember him giving the ball away once. Gives kilkenny the chance to play.

Adomah was dangerous throughout as normal but could maybe do with giving the ball off a little quicker at times.

Was good to see Woolford start. We looked more balanced and he linked up very well with Kilkenny and Maynard. He tired in the second half though and Bolasie stepped in more than adequately.

Maynard worked really hard today. Was a shame (understatement of the year) to see him slip in the first half, but his relief when his winner hit the net was there for all to see!

Basically this is all irrelevant as obviously the most important thing was to win today.

I'm glad I made the short trip up and hopefully this is the start of a good run!

COYR!!!!

Just got back home in Sheffield and thought I would pass on my views of today's match!

Today I went with 5 others from Uni, and just for background, one was a Norwich fan, one Ipswich, One Newcastle, One Wednesday and another was City fan too.

First half we were the better team. We had all the chances and should have been two ahead had Maynard not slipped. I can genuinely not remember one chance that Barnsley had in the first half. We pressed well and Barnsley struggled to play through their midfield. We looked comfortable basically at half time.

Second half started similar. However, Barnsley got more and more into it and then scored their goal. It seemed to come about from Skuse getting a little over excited when defending a corner. We cleared the ball which he then chased. Whilst nice to see him passionate and putting in lots of effort, when he goes walking, we need someone to cover him, which didn't happen quick enough! The played it down our right, crossed it in on the floor and their player was left with a simple finish.

They had one more chance after but then retreated and the game opened up. Bolasie came on for Woolford and looked good. Was nice to see someone, who despite being very raw, put in lots of effort and looked like he had lots of potential.

City had a few chances after they equalised which was good to see. We didn't cave in as we have become accustomed to in recent times. McGivern hit a free kick over from a good position before Elliot hit over after Adomah ran through on the right. A few minutes later, Adomah did exactly the same but this time it was Maynard in that position and as you all know, he made no mistake!

My friends told me Maynard had two shots cleared of the line but I can't remember them to be honest!

James made one great save but did go wandering at times. Never cost a goal and he looked delighted with the win too.

McGivern seemed to have the best match I have seen him have which was good to see.

Kilkenny dominated the midfield and clearly likes having Cisse in the team. He was involved in nearly everything good we did today.

Cisse was very good also and I can only remember him giving the ball away once. Gives kilkenny the chance to play.

Adomah was dangerous throughout as normal but could maybe do with giving the ball off a little quicker at times.

Was good to see Woolford start. We looked more balanced and he linked up very well with Kilkenny and Maynard. He tired in the second half though and Bolasie stepped in more than adequately.

Maynard worked really hard today. Was a shame (understatement of the year) to see him slip in the first half, but his relief when his winner hit the net was there for all to see!

Basically this is all irrelevant as obviously the most important thing was to win today.

I'm glad I made the short trip up and hopefully this is the start of a good run!

COYR!!!!

good post mate

They had one more chance after but then retreated and the game opened up. Bolasie came on for Woolford and looked good. Was nice to see someone, who despite being very raw, put in lots of effort and looked like he had lots of potential. Thanks for the report. Very very must win. Nice to see Wolly in the starting 11. Thinks the new manager is good eor us. NM showed the class. Hes got a lot of shit in this forum but I think he is an very good player that could help us avoid relegation. Its one way, upwards. COYR!!!

COYR!!!!

Thanks for the report. Nice to see Wolly in starting 11. Very very important win today. NM matcwinner, he is an very important player for us imo. NM gets a lot of shite in this forum. I think he is one of the keyplayers in our team. The new manager I think can get spirit in the team. JCR and Stewart out of the team was good thinking imo. There is only one way, upwards. COYR!!!

Thanks for the report. Nice to see Wolly in starting 11. Very very important win today. NM matcwinner, he is an very important player for us imo. NM gets a lot of shite in this forum. I think he is one of the keyplayers in our team. The new manager I think can get spirit in the team. JCR and Stewart out of the team was good thinking imo. There is only one way, upwards. COYR!!!

I don't agree Garland, I think people simply want to know a) what is actually going on, the mixed messages from Sexstone and Millen have muddied the waters and b) the situation sorted one way or the other, simple as that. The sooner we know the sooner we can move on.

well done whale, thanks for that.

what was the overall verdict from your mates, especially the tractor?

They thought we looked good overall. They all thought in the first half we played some nice football and should have been more ahead. But when we conceded they all felt we improved and seemed to panic Barnsley.

The Ipswich fan thought we played good football and are nowhere near the worst team in the league and should have no real problems staying up.

The Norwich fan was surprised at how much of the match was played on the floor (patronising *****!!) but thought we looked more likely to score overall and had more of a cutting edge.

Newcastle fan didn't have too much to say just that he was happy for us that we won at last!

Wednesday fan said he felt that we looked a team with a lot of potential who given time should gel and cause problems for most teams. He was frustrated at our midfielders holding onto the ball a little too long at times though.

I don't agree Garland, I think people simply want to know a) what is actually going on, the mixed messages from Sexstone and Millen have muddied the waters and b) the situation sorted one way or the other, simple as that. The sooner we know the sooner we can move on.

He has been offered a contract, he has not yet signed the contract (and possibly will not). What more do you want the club to say, make up some complete nonsense just to satisfy the wild exagerations of peoples minds ?

Archived