IGNORED

Old Man In The Williams

John-0

Something just jogged my mine as to an absolutley comedy moment in the williams stand last match vs Hartlepool.

I was sitting in the infamous :P block k williams which is a no smoking area. When some bald guy about 40 ish decided to light up after a few mins the steward came over and told him to put it out. There were a few words exchanged and reluctantly he put out his ciggy. A couple of mins later about 5 seats futher along a man suddendly stood up out of his seat whilst everyone one else was sitting down and start shouting and pointing at a man infront of him. He exclaimed "excuse me he's smoking, steward!!!" This sparked the bald guy sitting near me to start shouting put in out, put it out, seemingly infuriated that someone was smoking when he had been told not to by a steward. Eventually the group of smoker dotted around the block started insulting the man who had stood up to complain and quite a quarrel had begun.

Now in the Williams stand there is an old man that sits nearby me and is know to give his vocal opinion of the players and team when the match is in play. His most popular line being "thats rubbish city" and hes not to fond of a mr peackock either.

Anyway this old man aged around 70-80 gets out of his seat whilst the argument continues and walks over to one of the smokers and sets him straight, telling him that there are children about and to stop smoking and swearing in a stearn voice. Immediatly the smokers stop complaining and apoligised to the people around them.

This might not seem strange but after listening to the comments that this old man had been coming out with all season it was brilliant. I was just wondering if anyone else saw the incident and had a laugh. Or if anyone knows the legndary old man in the williams :sub:

Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin. I'm migrating from the williams to Ateyo block H, but if theres enough of you in there it will be good :P I'm sure with you in there then maybe the rest on the Williams will catch on. We can dream can't we :sub:

Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin. I'm migrating from the williams to Ateyo block H, but if theres enough of you in there it will be good :P I'm sure with you in there then maybe the rest on the Williams will catch on. We can dream can't we :sub:
i've been told by malaggro a good 50 of us have got season

tickets already sorted for next season :o

hehe, I thought the smoker in front of me was going to spark me out, the old man ("ruubbbbissssh"!!!) kept tapping him on the back (leaning over me to do so) and I had visions of the guy turning round and belting me one because he thought I was hitting him on the back or something.

I love the old man, nothing ever makes him happy and he simply refuses to accept that the ball needs to go backwards sometimes to go forwards. Has an amusing vision perspective problem too, often moaning when someone doesn't shoot even though they are actually a good 40 yards from goal! He actually said he wasn't going to renew his season ticket next season, but he has. He also said on at least 3 or 4 occasions that he wouldn't come back again for the next match, but he always does!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Williams is going to be rejuvinated by the Subbers next season.

I'm just looking forward to the que outside the matchday office after the first game full of people wanting to complain about being lumbered with some group of ruffians up in the corner :sub:

Just everyone remember that all seating areas in the Millenium Falcon are no smoking - however i've yet to see anyone thrown out of there for it - the stewards i think tend to be a bit scared of footy fans so dont bother as much

Archived