IGNORED

Upton Park By Tube

pidge

Hi

Was planning on driving to Upton Park, however plans have failed and we will now be rushed, so planning on getting train from Slough to Paddington, and then Paddington to Upton Park

Does anyone know if Upton Park is on the Hammersmith line straight in from Paddington, avoiding changes?

Having consulted a tube map, yes it is. http://www.bbc.co.uk...ds/tube_map.gif

On a slightly different note, any Upton Park veterans out there who can offer tips on getting back to central London quickly after the game?

My last train home is 11.30pm so I could do with some cheeky tactics to beat the queues at Upton Park tube - walk to Plaistow and board there? Or back to East Ham? praying%20smiley.gif

Having consulted a tube map, yes it is. http://www.bbc.co.uk...ds/tube_map.gif

On a slightly different note, any Upton Park veterans out there who can offer tips on getting back to central London quickly after the game?

My last train home is 11.30pm so I could do with some cheeky tactics to beat the queues at Upton Park tube - walk to Plaistow and board there? Or back to East Ham? praying%20smiley.gif

If i were you i would avoid east ham, upton park and plaistow stations after the game and walk north to Forest Gate overground service into Liverpool Street... takes about 20 mins to walk and 5 mins by train then you can connect easily. all local stations to the ground will be rammed solid for at least 45 mins after the match.

p.s. you should be able to get to Forest Gate by 1015pm leaving you sufficient time to connect

Hi

Was planning on driving to Upton Park, however plans have failed and we will now be rushed, so planning on getting train from Slough to Paddington, and then Paddington to Upton Park

Does anyone know if Upton Park is on the Hammersmith line straight in from Paddington, avoiding changes?

about 40 mins door to door pidge

If i were you i would avoid east ham, upton park and plaistow stations after the game and walk north to Forest Gate overground service into Liverpool Street... takes about 20 mins to walk and 5 mins by train then you can connect easily. all local stations to the ground will be rammed solid for at least 45 mins after the match.

p.s. you should be able to get to Forest Gate by 1015pm leaving you sufficient time to connect

Cheers for that, think it's my preferred option so far. Other bet would be to jump on a random bus heading west and get back onto the tube network when far enough away from the crowds...:englandsmile4wf:

Cheers for that, think it's my preferred option so far. Other bet would be to jump on a random bus heading west and get back onto the tube network when far enough away from the crowds...:englandsmile4wf:

Welcome. I did the bus thing once; it did a 'u' turn half a mile later and started its route again!! Mind you, that was Havana!

Archived