IGNORED

West Ham - Cocky Cockneys

Kid in the Riot

Just been trawling through this big ol thread on their forum: http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136003

General consensus is that they are going to put 4/5 past us and many even suggesting that they should rest players/rotate their team!

Fair play they have a quality team and on paper they should win comfortably but I think their arrogance here is a little misplaced.

That was a big result for us on Saturday and with the last minute goal the players will be buzzing.

As Jamo has said today, Blackpool away aside, we have actually put in some ok performances in the past month and certainly (apart from that game) haven't been getting battered by teams more losing out by the odd goal.

A little surprised with their predictions of a goal fest anyway...I think we'll give a good account of ourselves YOU REDS

Also looks like it's gonna be a big crowd as they have ticket promotions on, should be good.

They are on great form at the top and I can understand them being confident about winning by 3 or 4. It could easily happen to. As well as we did against Barnsley, they did miss an open goal and hit the bar so we could easily conceed a few tomorrow if we play the same.

From our point of view, we need to put in a committed and improved performance. We are unlikely to get anything but you never know.

We are brimming with confidence at the moment as we just won 3 out of 4 competitive matches. We have also managed to find a good partnership with Carew and Baldock up front, but us West Ham fans like to put the pressure on the players. If you score first....you would be in for a chance as our fans really get on the players backs....and that pretty much solves nothing as it just makes them play worse.

We are brimming with confidence at the moment as we just won 3 out of 4 competitive matches. We have also managed to find a good partnership with Carew and Baldock up front, but us West Ham fans like to put the pressure on the players. If you score first....you would be in for a chance as our fans really get on the players backs....and that pretty much solves nothing as it just makes them play worse.

First goal is vital, if you get it and it's early in the game then you could go on and score a few.

The longer we can hold on, I'd expect us to come into the game and with Albert and Maynard we are dangerous on the break

First goal is vital, if you get it and it's early in the game then you could go on and score a few.

The longer we can hold on, I'd expect us to come into the game and with Albert and Maynard we are dangerous on the break

You are spot on there mate. We have lost so many points in the final 10 minutes. Even if we are only 1 goal up around that time....the whole team/crowd would be nervous. Keep your eye on Baldock though....that kid is on a whole new level. It is just a shame that our manager doesn't seem to realize that.

I'm going tomorrow, expecting a loss, but i still think we'll make it hard for you, Adomah will be the one to watch, hopefully he plays like he did on saturday!

Prem League history, recent form, all those famous old players (I won't list them all, I would be here all night - and I am old enough to remember your major contribution to 1966).

RESPECT ! RexHammer. Should be an easy home win for WHU v a struggling bottom of the table side.

EXCEPT, we have just recruited an up and coming (very ambitious) Scottish manager (Mcinnes) who has done wonders up there with St Johnstone as you may know.

AND it looks like we could be turning up with about 2K at Upton Park tomorrow. Not bad for a mid week match.

If we get a draw, most City fans will be well pleased.

Our target is NPC survival. Good luck with your target of a straight bounce back to the Prem.

Looks like you have another gem coming through who may get some game time tomorrow ;

http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/sport/rob_hall_recalled_to_west_ham_1_3200975

I think we have quite a few gems in the pipeline. We haven't really produced anyone that good for quite a while. James Tomkins is most probably our best at the moment, but Cristian Montano, Rob Hall, Olly Lee and a few others are going to be big I think.

I really hope our manager plays Hall Tomorrow as we are seriously missing Taylor playing on the left wing and we need someone pacy to cover him rather than just playing a player out of position and putting him in there as make due.

Prem League history, recent form, all those famous old players (I won't list them all, I would be here all night - and I am old enough to remember your major contribution to 1966).

RESPECT ! RexHammer. Should be an easy home win for WHU v a struggling bottom of the table side.

EXCEPT, we have just recruited an up and coming (very ambitious) Scottish manager (Mcinnes) who has done wonders up there with St Johnstone as you may know.

AND it looks like we could be turning up with about 2K at Upton Park tomorrow. Not bad for a mid week match.

If we get a draw, most City fans will be well pleased.

Our target is NPC survival. Good luck with your target of a straight bounce back to the Prem.

I agree with you. No disrespect to your club, who is amazing to bring such a big crowd with them, but everyone expects us to win and that puts a lot of pressure on our players. One thing our players seem to get affected a lot by this season....is pressure. Also a team that has nothing to lose, will always put in a hard shift and play with more freedom.

I am really looking forward to a good match and we will find out how good this new manager is with his tactics.

Rexhammer

Sorry, forgot to mention something important.

We have Albert Adomah (squad no 27). Look out for him bombing down the the right wing probably skipping over two or three of your defenders on route (unless they have figured out out how to stop him).

A superb player (especially in dribble) signed from Barnet FC for about the price of ten Big Macs, Possibly (in terms of value for money) the best signing ever for our club as this guy is definitely headed for the Prem. Unfortunately his final ball often lets him down. He will get better.

Of course, one player does not make a team but, if you are going tomorrow, keep an eye on who we call, "Uncle Albert".

Rexhammer

Sorry, forgot to mention something important.

We have Albert Adomah (squad no 27). Look out for him bombing down the the right wing probably skipping over two or three of your defenders on route (unless they have figured out out how to stop him).

A superb player (especially in dribble) signed from Barnet FC for about the price of ten Big Macs, Possibly (in terms of value for money) the best signing ever for our club as this guy is definitely headed for the Prem. Unfortunately his final ball often lets him down. He will get better.

Of course, one player does not make a team but, if you are going tomorrow, keep an eye on who we call, "Uncle Albert".

Well if we decide to play Hall on the left, then it would be your prodigy against ours. Funny enough, our team has always managed to keep the big players quiet this season. Hardly heard Lamberts name when we was playing Southampton and Same goes for Mackail Smith at Brighton and Nugent at Leicester.

I sadly live about 3 hours away from London and I rarely get to West Ham matches due to lack of funds. I try to make up for it with my blog and buying merchandise...then getting to a match once every so often. I have not been to Upton Park for about 10 years....which is embarrassing to say after I had a season ticket for many years as a child. But I am hoping to take my Nephew to his first West Ham match this season. I actually have to sort that out! Thanks for bringing that up!

P.S No wonder why you call him Uncle Albert...he does look about 40!(Well he does in his wikipeida page anyway)

I bloody hate east London - it's a 20-mile wide slum - and I loathe West Ham. I'd love us to upset the loadsamoney Essex plasterers who support that horrible, horrible club.

Edit: Sorry, a bit mean there to Rex Hammer who came on here in good will. However I do not like the vast majority of West Ham fans I've met. I apologise to any non-wanky WHU fans for my post pub rant above.

I bloody hate east London - it's a 20-mile wide slum - and I loathe West Ham. I'd love us to upset the loadsamoney Essex plasterers who support that horrible, horrible club.

Edit: Sorry, a bit mean there to Rex Hammer who came on here in good will. However I do not like the vast majority of West Ham fans I've met. I apologise to any non-wanky WHU fans for my post pub rant above.

Don't worry mate. I have banned quite a few of those sort of fans from my facebook page. They ruin the image of the whole club and even though it is only a handful of them. In reality a huge percentage are proper fans and the rest just use our beloved club to let out their anger.

I also don't think films like Green Street has helped our reputation either.

Don't worry mate. I have banned quite a few of those sort of fans from my facebook page. They ruin the image of the whole club and even though it is only a handful of them. In reality a huge percentage are proper fans and the rest just use our beloved club to let out their anger.

It is a great film though.....

BCFC are hardly squeeky clean as well. All clubs have idiots. Bigger clubs have more idiots as they have more fans...

West Ham fan here chaps, love the posters description above ha ha. 20 mile wide slum is pretty accurate in all fairness, although I'm not sure we are all plasterers in Essex.

I don't think any sensible West Ham fan is anywhere near cocky about tonight's game. Yes, we probably feel that we SHOULD win, however we really can't take anything for granted. We have been far from convincing at home this year and to be fair, most teams have outplayed us this year at Home. I expect you boys to cause us many problems for periods on the game.

I'm expecting a close game, with a nailbiting 1-0 win for West Ham, but am very wary of the threat that Maynard poses. Out of interest, how has he actually performed this year following all the summer speculation?

As said before, they are 2nd, playing bottom of the league who have only mustered 2 wins in 14 games and who have also got the worst goal difference in the league. We've already been beaten 5-0 by Blackpool and they're only mid-table, you can hardly blame them for expecting a big win and in all honesty I'd be surprised if we concede less than 3 goals.

Our defence is still weak, we've missed a lot of good chances and I'm sure confidence has had a slight lift after the win but will still be low. It's going to be a very hard game and I'd be happy if we could steal a point but I'm not expecting it.

Hammer in Peace, just reading some comments here on tonights game.

I am a regular on West Ham 606 that,s the fan forum that west ham fans started up when BBC 606 closed down.

Just want to say that the mood there regarding tonights game is not exactly one of confidence, we nearly squandered a 2-0 lead against Leicester on Sat and made hard work of our 3-2 win, the fans are very nervous especially at home, add to that your two wins have both come away from home, so, who knows.

Hope it,s a good game and remember enjoy your trip and welcome to West Ham, i won,t wish you good luck - i,m sure you will understand.

Watch out for Baldrick (Baldock) he has a cunning plan!

Regards Hammer in Peace

As said before, they are 2nd, playing bottom of the league who have only mustered 2 wins in 14 games and who have also got the worst goal difference in the league. We've already been beaten 5-0 by Blackpool and they're only mid-table, you can hardly blame them for expecting a big win and in all honesty I'd be surprised if we concede less than 3 goals.

Our defence is still weak, we've missed a lot of good chances and I'm sure confidence has had a slight lift after the win but will still be low. It's going to be a very hard game and I'd be happy if we could steal a point but I'm not expecting it.

Disgusting, how dare you come on here with your outrageous realism, be gone with you.

Archived