IGNORED

Barbarians Vs Wales...!

dazza247

Sorry I know it's not footy related but looks like Wales beat the Barbarians 42-0 at the Home of Football(Ashton Gate)tonight.

It says the attendance figure was only 11381..I'm sure it mentioned in the Evil-Post that at least 15000 would be there. Oh well...the trend of Sell-outs at the Gate has been broken!!

To look at report see:l/3743409.stm

Surely this will only confuse geographically-challenged Cockneys and the like that Bristol is actually in Wales?!

I was at the game. Wales did win 42-0. The Baa Baa's didnt even look like scoring. They were lucky to score 0 points!!!!! The attendence was only 11,000+ looked less to be honest.

It was a dissapointing game really!

To me though £25(adults)to watch a game of rugby is quite pricey..!! I've never seen a live rugby game(apart from school-teams etc) but would've considered going to the Gate if only £10..!!

Just out of interest how was the pitch looking at the end?! Rumours in the past that we were going to share with Bristol RFC(Rugby not the Gas..!!)etc..!

P.S. Report now on bcfc.co.uk if anyone's interested?!?!

I took my Uncle .He loves rugby.Me ?..I was bored.Kept wishing it was football.

My uncle pointed out the BaaBaas never kick the ball into touch and always run with the ball.Even near their "touchline"(??),as they are an exibition side.The Welsh didn't allow them to do much running and played very defensive.Seem to take it more serious.

Rugby game for men ? Ok in some peoples opinion.

But for excitement,adreneline and passion gimme footy any day !

Guest Red_Rat

I seen abit on Sky.

And it was probaly the funniest bit too. The sheep had just scored and the Baa-Baa's guy just pushed him with his hand so the sheep gave him a nice friendly jester - shaking of the fist if you get me.

Guest bugs

yes I was there too and have to say it was pretty dull.

and boy was the crowd quiet - can't get used to rugby crowds who only cheer when they score, non of the singing or chants you get at football.

Rumours in the past that we were going to share with Bristol RFC(Rugby not the Gas..!!)etc..!

That won't happen.

Bristol Rugby have signed a new lease with the Gas and if they ever play anywhere else on a regular basis it will be at Clifton RFC.

p.s. seeing as everyone is going on about rugby being boring and give me football any day, if anyone went to the Bristol-Bath game at the end of last season at the Gate, you will have experienced proper rugby.

That Baa-Baa's against Wales is not exactly going to draw a big crowd in Bristol is it?

The Baa Baa's tackling was pathetic. Whatever about it being an 'Exhibition' game, they certainly didn't show why The Baa Baa's are held in such high regard for being players at the top of their game and display excellent defensive aswell as attacking skills - instead they got some half hearted crap from some of them who were wishing of a beach somewhere!

If I had paid £25 for that yesterday I would have been very disappointed. Rule the Waves is right about the Bristol-Bath game. What a win that was! But my personal favourite was Ireland beating England at Twickenham this year. To be there was awesome!

Guest bcfccider

To be fair to Wales, they took the game seriously and ran the ball whenever they could. They are improving as an international side, so did not give the Barbarians much of a chance.

I must admit that though I love both football and rugby, rugby doesnot compare to football in the atmosphere.

Archived