IGNORED

Just Back From Boleyn

riddlesdown red

What a great night, watched the game from the bobby moore stand right behind the goal with a couple of hammers mates. Started off with a bit of banter in the members bar before kick off only a £2 entry fee was told I would need an abacus to count the goals we would conceed. Found myself humming away to bubbles before kick off that did make the hair stand up on the back of my neck but then took great pride in the noise coming from the away end for the rest of the game with the best song being about a fire drill after 85 mins when their fans were streaming out. We defended out of our skins and the back four were superb yes they got behind in the first half with their overlapping down both flanks but didn't really hurt us that much. Last time I was here was 1978 when we won 2-1 trip down memory lane which was relived in the match day programme. We can start to look forward now to the rest of the season with a bit of confidence. One observation was that both linesman would only flag once the ref had given his decision it was quite comical really a very honest game played in a good spirit and again a fantastic point against a team who scored 7 goals in their last two homes games. Trust me hammers fans were gutted they could not beat us.

What a great night, watched the game from the bobby moore stand right behind the goal with a couple of hammers mates. Started off with a bit of banter in the members bar before kick off only a £2 entry fee was told I would need an abacus to count the goals we would conceed. Found myself humming away to bubbles before kick off that did make the hair stand up on the back of my neck but then took great pride in the noise coming from the away end for the rest of the game with the best song being about a fire drill after 85 mins when their fans were streaming out. We defended out of our skins and the back four were superb yes they got behind in the first half with their overlapping down both flanks but didn't really hurt us that much. Last time I was here was 1978 when we won 2-1 trip down memory lane which was relived in the match day programme. We can start to look forward now to the rest of the season with a bit of confidence. One observation was that both linesman would only flag once the ref had given his decision it was quite comical really a very honest game played in a good spirit and again a fantastic point against a team who scored 7 goals in their last two homes games. Trust me hammers fans were gutted they could not beat us.

I was there then, ice bound pitch, and yet we ran them off the park. David Rodgers was superb at CH.

Then they started slagging off "Sir" Trevor Brooking. What they were calling him made me blush!:shocking:

Archived