IGNORED

Its All Gone Off

Barrs Court Red

I can't believe those 2 lads got sent off; what would you do if some nutcase had run on to the pitch and smacked your mate round the back of the head? Still, I guess we should be thankful that (Neil Lennon at Hearts aside) usually when someone invades a pitch in this country, they're fat and naked

I can't believe those 2 lads got sent off; what would you do if some nutcase had run on to the pitch and smacked your mate round the back of the head? Still, I guess we should be thankful that (Neil Lennon at Hearts aside) usually when someone invades a pitch in this country, they're fat and naked

The sendings off were just fascicle and showed refs really have no common sense at times. It was pleasing to hear Sharp didn't get booked last night for his celebration but did you see the 15 year old lad who scored for Wycombe (his first senior goal) and rushed into the arms of his mother who was watching the game and promptly got booked.

I know in a way it's not the ref's fault because they have to enforce the law but when is it going to be changed? I'd heard the theory behind it was sponsors didn't like it because with the shirt off/running into the crowd they don't get exposure at the key moments of the match :disapointed2se:

The sendings off were just fascicle and showed refs really have no common sense at times. It was pleasing to hear Sharp didn't get booked last night for his celebration but did you see the 15 year old lad who scored for Wycombe (his first senior goal) and rushed into the arms of his mother who was watching the game and promptly got booked.

I know in a way it's not the ref's fault because they have to enforce the law but when is it going to be changed? I'd heard the theory behind it was sponsors didn't like it because with the shirt off/running into the crowd they don't get exposure at the key moments of the match :disapointed2se:

The reasons for a caution for removing your shirt is based on the the fact that in areas of the world it is offensive to show a bare chest. Running into the crowd is for safety reasons when the crowd rush to the front of the stand. In regards to these and the red cards discussed here, there is no two ways about it - it is not the refere's fault.

I agree with you that it is a sad situation.

There are times when the referee can interpret the law and others when it is not possible. All the ones in this thread the referee has no option. If, in one situation in a game, he does not apply the correct punishment as per the laws the mark he will receive for that game will be a negative one - despite that fact he could have had a great game otherwise. Sad state of affairs but I would be interested to see the referee report for Darren Deadman at Doncaster yesterday to see if the assesor marked him down for not booking Billy Sharp....

Refs can book players who wear different colour boxer shorts to the team shorts. 99% of refs dont act on this, they use their common sense - As the guy at Wycombe should of done. However in fairness to him he might not of known the situation.

Referee can choose to do what he wants but he knows that it will have an impact on his mark. Referee at Wycombe got it right. No discussion on that. Miss that yellow - end up with a crap mark. Situation doesn't come into it.

All under garments should be the same / as close as possible in colour to the kit. If it's not then the player will be asked to remove it - if he doesn't then the booking can come into play. You say 99% of refs don't act on this - when in the professional game did you see a player doing this? Refs on the downs get marked down for players having different colour cycling shorts.

The reasons for a caution for removing your shirt is based on the the fact that in areas of the world it is offensive to show a bare chest.

But not in England - or anywhere in Europe I'm aware of. Yet another ridiculous rule from the corrupt geriatrics who run this game.

Refs can book players who wear different colour boxer shorts to the team shorts. 99% of refs dont act on this, they use their common sense - As the guy at Wycombe should of done. However in fairness to him he might not of known the situation.

There was a ref on the radio the other day saying that the cycling shorts were not allowed to be worn unless necessary. He said he actually asked players if they had an injury and made them go and take them off if they said they didn't, pre match of course.

And I thought the official reason for not allowing shirts to be taken off was because it delays the restart. Sometimes shirts get thrown into the crowd, dropped and turned inside out and tangled up which the refs complained it took ages to sort out. I thought they even banned slogans etc on T-shirts underneath for a while after it got a bit political, but they seem to be creeping back now. Sharp's was just such a lovely tribute and you would have to be pretty heartless to book him, so well done ref.

There was a ref on the radio the other day saying that the cycling shorts were not allowed to be worn unless necessary. He said he actually asked players if they had an injury and made them go and take them off if they said they didn't, pre match of course.

And I thought the official reason for not allowing shirts to be taken off was because it delays the restart. Sometimes shirts get thrown into the crowd, dropped and turned inside out and tangled up which the refs complained it took ages to sort out. I thought they even banned slogans etc on T-shirts underneath for a while after it got a bit political, but they seem to be creeping back now. Sharp's was just such a lovely tribute and you would have to be pretty heartless to book him, so well done ref.

The ref that was on the radio needs to read the laws then. Clearly states that undershorts are fine as long as they are the same colour as the shorts.

Archived