IGNORED

Wiggles

City Loyal

Steve Wigley has left Ashton Gate by mutual consent.

The 50-year-old has been with the club since August 2010, when he was appointed as assistant to Keith Millen.

Wigley took charge of two games as caretaker manager in the interim period between Millen's departure on October 3rd and Derek McInnes' appointment as the new boss.

But the England Under-21 coach and former Southampton manager has opted to leave the club.

"Steve was very much part of Keith Millen's backroom team and feels now the time is right to move on," chairman Colin Sexstone told bcfc.co.uk.

"We thank him for his contribution to the football club and wish him well for the future."

Where's this come from mate, is he rumoured to be joining the coaching staff?

Strange seeing he turned down SJ?

It was part of the rumours column on the BBC Scotland football pages, quoting an artcale from the Sunday Post (Scottish paper). The story claims that McInees has offered Cook a role as number 3 at City following him turning down the SJFC job. It may well be just paper talk. The Irish season has now finished apparently so there may be mileage in it, easpeiclally as Wiggley has now gone. Pure speculation on my part though based on the article. :source:

Steven said when he first joined that SW had spoke to him about joining City....so deff had some involvement.

Quite possibly after KM made an approach for him but 20man confirmed on RB that he first recommended him to KM.

So, in a sense both were involved but not sure we'd have made the move based on Wigley alone.

Anyway, regardless, all the best Wiggles and thanks for your hard work while at BCFC.

Quite possibly after KM made an approach for him but 20man confirmed on RB that he first recommended him to KM.

So, in a sense both were involved but not sure we'd have made the move based on Wigley alone.

Anyway, regardless, all the best Wiggles and thanks for your hard work while at BCFC.

So what you're saying is you don't think we'd sign someone on the advice of our assistant manager but would on the say so of a two bit radio 'journalist' (As loosely as possible on that description)?

rightttt...

So what you're saying is you don't think we'd sign someone on the advice of our assistant manager but would on the say so as a two bit radio 'journalist' (As loosely as possible on that description)?

rightttt...

That's not what I said at all. Simply that I understood Caulker was recommend by 20man (an ex pro footballer) and we followed it up. It may be that Wigley had some hand in it but 20man did say live on air that he made KM aware of him.

If 20 man had said nothing, would we still have got Caulker? no idea but the fact Wigley was part of under 21 set up doesn't necessarily mean we would have. Yes we got Rose too but both were from Spurs so could have been more a club thing I.e. who else have you got?

All history now so will move on.

Good riddance. Wigley was one half of the least inspiring management duo I've seen at AG in 40 years of following City. Sounded like he couldn't give a stuff about the club in the interview he gave after Millen left and lost both his games as caretaker. Close the door on your way out 'Wiggles' and don't hurry back.

Archived