IGNORED

Allardyce

havanatopia

Is it just me or has this man re-cemented his position as one of the most arrogant in the game and lacking utterly in any humility whatsoever? ... so here it is... The Route 1 Gaffer view of last night:-

Even with a team dropping into their own half and getting nine men

behind the ball, we still had all the chances but couldn't find the

quality or the little bit of luck to get the one goal we needed.

If we had, we would probably have gone on to get more. It was a great

shame as it was an exceptional performance given what we have had to

suffer in the last three games with injuries. The creativity and

energy was fantastic in the second half.

I suppose we have to accept days like this. It is amazing, just 72

hours before we were striking balls into the back of the net. Against

Bristol City it just eluded us and they came and went on numerous

occasions. It was not just one or two. We just have to accept the

point. We could go on and on with the amount of chances we missed.

That all-important victory would have been well-deserved, the way we

played means we should have won it. It is frustrating night and that

can happen. I have to praise the lads for how they created and

committed themselves.

We were all very sick in the dressing room as we know that performance

should have reaped us the valuable three points. We have to take it on

the chin. We haven't lost, we know we should have won but we take the

point and we move on.

Boy am I glad he is not managing us. This guy has had training from The Stasi with his mind games.

Heard him saying this on the way home last night.

No mention of how well we played to stop them, or how many chances we had as well.

Bloke is a total t055er.

Edited by Redtucks

He's right though, the game could easily have been 4-0 to them considering the guilt edged chances they fluffed, equally we missed 3 decent chances.

Why wouldn't he see it like that? It's not his job to praise the opposition, del boy won't be

It's just the fact that he didnt acknowledge that they were there for the taking like us!!!

Edited by Stockwood bcfc

Is it just me or has this man re-cemented his position as one of the most arrogant in the game and lacking utterly in any humility whatsoever? ... so here it is... The Route 1 Gaffer view of last night:-

committed themselves.

point and we move on.

Boy am I glad he is not managing us. This guy has had training from The Stasi with his mind games.

The bloke is a to55er but you should expect nothing less from going to places like these from the home manager. We are Bristol City, if you are a Hammers fan you should be beating us 10-0 every week, look at the last 30 years of history.

The trick is to think about it and then make it what drives the fans and the players on, like GJ did for a while ****il he lost the plot) and Wimbledon did for 10 years. Fat Sam knows he has one shot at it and if he doesn't make it someone else will be in there next August. From a personal perspective I hope they get beaten in the Play Off Final 1-0 to a 94th minute Own Goal after the opposition were reduced to 8 men and no goalkeeper.....And I also hope its US

He's right though, the game could easily have been 4-0 to them considering the guilt edged chances they fluffed, equally we missed 3 decent chances.

Why wouldn't he see it like that? It's not his job to praise the opposition, del boy won't be.

However, he was happy to admit they robbed Brighton at their place the other week and "scored with our only real chance". Yet he went on to say what a brilliant away performance that was.

It's just the usual case of tunnel vision, rose tinted glasses and the we are West Ham and deserve to win every game mentality.

Typical allardyce, expect nothing else.

However, he was happy to admit they robbed Brighton at their place the other week and "scored with our only real chance". Yet he went on to say what a brilliant away performance that was.

It's just the usual case of tunnel vision, rose tinted glasses and the we are West Ham and deserve to win every game mentality.

Typical allardyce, expect nothing else.

That's ridiculous. Even if it was there only chance they kept an away clean sheet against a decent side.... That usually constitutes a good away performance.

So again, he's right.

They hit the post, piquionne missed 3 decent chances, Noble and Nolan should have scored. They could have won by 6.

Isn't it equally "cocky" that we are proclaiming this as some sort of wonder performance and rarely acknowledging the chances that were missed by WHU's poor finishing as opposed to our good defending?

No, of course it isn't. It's just focussing on OUR teams performance, exactly what big Sam is doing.

I agree they should have beaten us easily, the main part of his interview that wound me up was his comment about us having 9 men behind the ball for most of the game. The only reason this was at all the case was because WHU spent too much time passing the ball around their defence instead of attacking head on. This led to some very decent counter-attacking football from us

That's ridiculous. Even if it was there only chance they kept an away clean sheet against a decent side.... That usually constitutes a good away performance.

So again, he's right.

They hit the post, piquionne missed 3 decent chances, Noble and Nolan should have scored. They could have won by 6.

Isn't it equally "cocky" that we are proclaiming this as some sort of wonder performance and rarely acknowledging the chances that were missed by WHU's poor finishing as opposed to our good defending?

No, of course it isn't. It's just focussing on OUR teams performance, exactly what big Sam is doing.

Big Sam eh? wub.gif and who said anything about being "Cocky"?

I agree with the OP. He is too arrogant to acknowledge a decent away performance by us.

You are wrong about our manager too, he has already made positive comments about each of our opponents so far. Listen to the after match interviews. It's called respect.

A decent bloke would have said credit where credits due, City defended well etc etc......You hear it most weeks from the more humble managers.

In my opinion this is ridiculous ! I would love Sam Allardyce as manager of this football club the guy is one of the best British managers out there and his record is brilliant. We are talking about someone who is an established Premier League manager with the credentials to be a possible future England manager. He's obviously going to be disappointed with the result because they were clearly the better team and probably should have won in all honesty, the guys a winner and quite rightly wants to talk about his sides performance rather than go on about how good we were defensively. Why on earth would he want to speak about failing to break down one of the leagues worst defence at present ? Very proud to be a city fan last night great performance ! But gee some of the rubbish people write on here amazes me.

committed themselves.

point and we move on.

The West Ham fan's we were chatting to on the tube home also agree, they verdict is still out him in there view but he deff hasn't made to many friends in east london yet. Well not with who we spoke to

We defended well but they did have 19 shots and probably 4 or 5 really good chances.

That isn't to say we didn't have chances. We hit well on the counter attack and could have won it at the end.

I don't think West Ham played that well considering the players they have at their disposal. Only Noble impressed me with his constant running.

We defended well but they did have 19 shots and probably 4 or 5 really good chances.

That isn't to say we didn't have chances. We hit well on the counter attack and could have won it at the end.

I don't think West Ham played that well considering the players they have at their disposal. Only Noble impressed me with his constant running.

We had 14 overall to their 19, they had 7 on target and we had 6.. frankly off targets are pointless as reliable stats; my 4 year old nephew could easily trounce those off target figures.

In short, it was pretty evens on tuesday night and don't let Big Mega head distract you from reality.

I don't know who we think we are, turning up and daring to not be beaten by such a managerial great. After all, he's good enough to manage Real Madrid you know, he said so himself...

Exactly...I guess, he expected us to do the same as his teams have done for years at Old Trafford, rolling over and having their bellies ticked by his hero Alex Ferguson. He is a footballing dinosaur who will do well with his long ball tactics and get a club like West Ham up I don't doubt, but as others have said he wont win many freinds in the stands.

I've just got round to watching the highlights and I assume they were edited by West Ham staff as it makes it look as if we were well and truly stuffed and lucky to get a point. West Ham did have a lot of good chances to be fair and on another day would have got 4.

Going by all the comments about how well we played and defended, I didn't expect to see us effectively being overrun.

I suppose that's what editing can do.

By the same token the "highlights" shown on Points West were pro City and you could easily get another perspective. IMO we defended in depth and caught them on the break, we were organised and worked hard West Ham and I would guess had three very good scoring chances, which on another day would have gone in. City had one maybe two.

I dont beleive were overrun, they had a man over wide a couple of times which was a real concern, but City battled hard for everthing they had and tried really hard to keep the ball, passing to feet, only really putting their foot through the ball right at the death when it was all hands to the pump. Its all opinions but irrespective of what Allardyce the national media or whoever thinks, I think for 99% of City fans at Upton Park that perofrmance showed that we could compete agaginst the best in the division and that gives everyone a massive lift.

Why wouldn't he see it like that? It's not his job to praise the opposition, del boy won't be.

I do agree with you on this.... Sam is a great orator and if he has learned something in his short tenure at Wham its that the spammers are probably the most easily disgruntled fans of any Club in the land... He was just covering his own ass after an inept performance from his team in a game they really should have won.

He would have had short thrift from the spammers if he had openly criticised his team and at the same time complimented City on what was a very good performance on the night.

AS for his reputation of route 1...that may be the case but he ( and most Managers know) that to get out of the Championship you need a certain type of Player and have to win ugly....Wham can always go back to the Academy style of continental football introduced by Greenwood in the 60,s next season I suspect.

Edited by Bigfatdave

I agree with the OP. Allardyce is a tool, and needed to acknowledge that the game was end-to-end and not the backs to the wall stuff that he imagined it to be.

They had a couple of spells of pressure, but so did we. There were a lot of quality chances missed by both teams, and it was an even game, If someone who knew nothing of our league and our respective positions saw that game they wouldn't believe we're as far apart in the division as they are.

And Mr Tansley, please stop posting on this forum as you are clearly not a Bristol City fan.

I agree with the OP. Allardyce is a tool, and needed to acknowledge that the game was end-to-end and not the backs to the wall stuff that he imagined it to be.

They had a couple of spells of pressure, but so did we. There were a lot of quality chances missed by both teams, and it was an even game, If someone who knew nothing of our league and our respective positions saw that game they wouldn't believe we're as far apart in the division as they are.

And Mr Tansley, please stop posting on this forum as you are clearly not a Bristol City fan.

Clearly.