IGNORED

Profile: Ribiero To Carlisle,

The Exiled Robin

My view on Ribs for Carlisle blog: check it out and I'm sure the blog would welcome more comments from City fans

@epouvantail: NEW POST: @cider1977 gives a Bristol City view on Christian Ribeiro: http://t.co/Bt1VkQw4

Thanks for the link.

Not sure whether I would recommend many of the OTIB members to comment.

Unfortunately we (i include myself) as OTIB members tend to thrive on negativity and dwell on failures not strengths. Assume Ribs would welcome a chance to enjoy a new (temporary) start and play some football in front of a new fan base. Let them judge him on his performances not our old news/ views. Sure he would appreciate some space to just get on and enjoy his football.

No offence intended to any OTIB member, just a thought for those who wish him good luck.

Thanks for the link.

Not sure whether I would recommend many of the OTIB members to comment.

Unfortunately we (i include myself) as OTIB members tend to thrive on negativity and dwell on failures not strengths. Assume Ribs would welcome a chance to enjoy a new (temporary) start and play some football in front of a new fan base. Let them judge him on his performances not our old news/ views. Sure he would appreciate some space to just get on and enjoy his football.

No offence intended to any OTIB member, just a thought for those who wish him good luck.

Quite agree....

Although I did watch his interview on player on the Lisle website (oh shit Im for it now... How could i possibly be a city supporter and visit another clubs website :laughcont: )

Whether its on the pitch or not... that man talks so well he has a bright future in Football .

Intelligent footballers are like rocking horse shit.....:yes:

Quite agree....

Although I did watch his interview on player on the Lisle website (oh shit Im for it now... How could i possibly be a city supporter and visit another clubs website :laughcont: )

Whether its on the pitch or not... that man talks so well he has a bright future in Football .

Intelligent footballers are like rocking horse shit.....:yes:

Just went and did the same, everytime you hear the guy speak the more you want him to do well. He's actually a player who has a total awareness of how he's viewed, his ability and the need for him to play and prove himself.

Didn't you say you used to play semi-pro, Dave? :tongue: ;)

I did 2 seasons as a Pro in the Old 4th Division for Torquay and a couple of loan spells to an unmentionable 2nd Div side. as well as 7 in the Old Southern League...Probably earned £75 a week tops in 76. Played against City once and gas twice but never scored in the oppositions net.

Happy days... I was actually one of the few at the time who had some A levels and they used to get me to read the Match reports on a Monday becuase I was the only one who could pronounce monosyllabic words...:rofl2br:

Happy days... I broke my leg badly early in my career at 18 and lost nearly 2 seasons...perhaps thats why I have such an affinity to Ribeiro. I should have given up really as its difficult to get the old legs moving these days, but it was the best era to play football in the 70,s as there was a really good team ethic in most clubs.

Archived