IGNORED

Remind You Of A Certain Incident At Reading?

InCider

Was looking at the BBC gossip column yesterday and noticed this story in the Metro ...

http://www.metro.co....n#ixzz1cmW25hIu

Does this remind anyone of a certain Mr Lavin?

Lavin broke a supporter's wrist for those of you not old enough to remember (probably adding to the off-field incidents that day). I think he was later convicted of assault. I'm pretty sure that this incident could equally have resulted in a serious injury (although language like 'nearly decapitates' or 'nearly kills' supporter might be going over the top).

Should incidents like this be looked at by the police in retrospect? Rodgers certainly has form, but can you prove attempted assault in an incident like this, where no injuries are sustained?

This is the incident ...

Was looking at the BBC gossip column yesterday and noticed this story in the Metro ...

Lavin broke a supporter's wrist for those of you not old enough to remember (probably adding to the off-field incidents that day). I think he was later convicted of assault. I'm pretty sure that this incident could equally have resulted in a serious injury (although language like 'nearly decapitates' or 'nearly kills' supporter might be going over the top).

Should incidents like this be looked at by the police in retrospect? Rodgers certainly has form, but can you prove attempted assault in an incident like this, where no injuries are sustained?

This is the incident ...

Reminds me more of City v. Sheff.Weds. a few years ago when a City fan was poleaxed when Brunt absolutely hammered the ball into the side of his head from close range as the crowd were leaving in front of the Dolman.

He didn't see it coming and was left out for the count on the track while the City fans were in uproar.

Reminds me more of City v. Sheff.Weds. a few years ago when a City fan was poleaxed when Brunt absolutely hammered the ball into the side of his head from close range as the crowd were leaving in front of the Dolman.

He didn't see it coming and was left out for the count on the track while the City fans were in uproar.

Not sure that incident was intended by the player though ...

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~595019,00.html

sheffield wesdnesday 2004, lost 4-1

Ahh I remember that well he had been a dirty little B@****d all day, and as he smacked down that fan I was so angry I legged it from the top of the Ateyo to the front to ask if if he fancyed his chances again, As I was running down my mate shouted where's Ed off to and someone replied maybe he's a doctor haha

This is the incident ...

No, you couldn't prove attempted assault and probably not assault if the ball had hit her.

• Admin

I thought the player was Guy Branston?

I thought the player was Guy Branston?

Sure it was Brunt Madger, it happened right in front of me. The fact that he was renowned for his powerful shot and he hit it so perfectly straight into the side of the unsuspecting fans' head from a few yards made the whole thing seem worse.

But I seem to remember Branston inflamed the crowd further by appearing to be sniggering while the fan was out cold.

Any one at Clevedon a few years back pre season friendly, Scotty tryed a long range shot warming up into the top corner of the goal just missed and hit a young lad with his back to goal sat up on top the terrace bar he went full circle around and smack down on the floor he couldnt have been more than 7yrs old, Scotty ran straight over to him and made sure he was ok. And at the end of the game brought out his shirt signed by all the players, I think the young lad thought it was worth the tumble in the end. And all that from a guy who wouldnt even thank staff for getting his wallet out of a drain outside the Lyons store haha

Then Lavin must have intended to do it.

Yep, but how can you prove this one way or the other? That's kind of what I'm gettng at. I doubt GL was aiming for that woman's wrist, as he couldn't shoot or pass that accurately as far as I can remember. Stupid thing from both players to do, as you don't know what the outcome could be. Just wondered what the best way of dealing with this.

Yep, but how can you prove this one way or the other? That's kind of what I'm gettng at. I doubt GL was aiming for that woman's wrist, as he couldn't shoot or pass that accurately as far as I can remember. Stupid thing from both players to do, as you don't know what the outcome could be. Just wondered what the best way of dealing with this.

A hefty fine you'd hope. In terms of criminality, it would pretty much make an admission of intent, but then you're getting into the finer points of case law...

(Check me out)

Sure it was Brunt Madger, it happened right in front of me. The fact that he was renowned for his powerful shot and he hit it so perfectly straight into the side of the unsuspecting fans' head from a few yards made the whole thing seem worse.

But I seem to remember Branston inflamed the crowd further by appearing to be sniggering while the fan was out cold.

Definitely Brunt. Same, Nogbad, it was right in front of me too. The worst bit was, the guy who was hit was walking out with his toddler daughter who was stood there petrified. Whether he meant it or not, Brunt showed no remorse and didn't even acknowledge the guy. Not had any respect for the guy since. And fans around me were saying things like "The guy deserved it, if you leave early, you should expect the possibility of being hit like that." Ridiculous.

Archived