IGNORED

Live Radio Coverage?

AndySnapper

It may be just me but I am driven nuts each week trying to find where and if, there is any live radio coverage of Bristol City matches. The Radio Bristol website seems very vague on this and generally unhelpful. This Saturday I settled down to listen to the Burnley at home game. Even though advertised as being covered on BBC Bristol couldn't find a thing on DAB or FM channels of either Radio Bristol or Somerset Sound.

After wasting much good time, I eventually discovered the BBC had deemed to only feature this Championship match on lowly Medium Wave radio. I don't even have a medium wave radio anymore! We were all encouraged to go for DAB by the BBC? Why is it that lowly clubs like Bath City get so much attention when their fan base must be tiny in comparison? Go figure!

Andy :disapointed2se:

It may be just me but I am driven nuts each week trying to find where and if, there is any live radio coverage of Bristol City matches. The Radio Bristol website seems very vague on this and generally unhelpful. This Saturday I settled down to listen to the Burnley at home game. Even though advertised as being covered on BBC Bristol couldn't find a thing on DAB or FM channels of either Radio Bristol or Somerset Sound.

After wasting much good time, I eventually discovered the BBC had deemed to only feature this Championship match on lowly Medium Wave radio. I don't even have a medium wave radio anymore! We were all encouraged to go for DAB by the BBC? Why is it that lowly clubs like Bath City get so much attention when their fan base must be tiny in comparison? Go figure!

Phone in to 20p on Friday and ask the question phone.gif

Pay £4 a month and you can get it on BCFC Player.

it may be that they stupidly assume that, if you're in the RB area and want to know how they are doing, you actually go!

Bit left field I know, but....

You can't listen to match commentary on Radio Bristol through the internet (or Ipod radio), but if you tune in through an radio (on the same frequency) it is there... Don't ask me why?

I did listen to the West Ham match through BBC London (online), but the commentary is bias towards the London club (as is Radio Bristol toward City).

Hope this helps... :englandsmile4wf:

Before kick off Radio Bristol usually does a round-up of what commentary is on what frequencies.

Rule of thumb seems to be the AM frequency is always used for whichever Bristol team playing at home that Saturday. Presumably, as others have posted, that fans in the Radio Bristol area will generally be at home games so the lowly AM/MW frequency is used.

Rule of thumb seems to be:

Away Bristol club 94.9fm and 1566mw

Home Bristol club 1548mw

Yeovil 95.5fm

Bath Rugby 104.6fm

Bristol Rugby DAB

Bath City is online comm. They are allowed to stream this as there are no rights issues with the conference, unlike the Football League where clubs own online rights and prevent the BBC streaming games.

I know it's a bit of a radical idea but why not try going to the games.

Hang on a minute, I'm sure that a lot of people would love to have the freedom to do what they want when they want.

But in this reply (and the other similar ones) you seem to forget that people have Family, Work and other commitments to consider, not to mention the cost when you have to factor children and travel in to the equasion.

I totally agree if your reply is aimed at those able but unwilling to attend matches, but please realise that there are valid reasons why people cant attend but still want to cheer the team on!!!

Rant over.

Hang on a minute, I'm sure that a lot of people would love to have the freedom to do what they want when they want.

But in this reply (and the other similar ones) you seem to forget that people have Family, Work and other commitments to consider, not to mention the cost when you have to factor children and travel in to the equasion.

I totally agree if your reply is aimed at those able but unwilling to attend matches, but please realise that there are valid reasons why people cant attend but still want to cheer the team on!!!

Rant over.

That's fair enough, but the original 'rant' seems as ill-informed as the one you are countering.

Archived