IGNORED

New G*s Stadium At Uwe

Kid in the Riot

Thing is, with the gas selling the memorial ground (a place designed to remember fallen rugby players) to become a ******g super market there is actually something to be against.

They should give the land back and make do without the monies from its sale. No problems with them moving or improving, every problems with them making money off stolen land that was made to remember those we owe the most.

Thing is, with the gas selling the memorial ground (a place designed to remember fallen rugby players) to become a ******g super market there is actually something to be against.

They should give the land back and make do without the monies from its sale. No problems with them moving or improving, every problems with them making money off stolen land that was made to remember those we owe the most.

Ok, good point

They appear to be trying to get this aspect of the deal under the radar, Dunsford fiddled the Rugby club out of the ground which is bad enough, but then to try and sell it for development as a Supermarket is the limit, it is called the Memorial Stadium because it is a memorial to rugby players that fell during the 1st world war.

Do they have absolutely no shame?

They appear to be trying to get this aspect of the deal under the radar, Dunsford fiddled the Rugby club out of the ground which is bad enough, but then to try and sell it for development as a Supermarket is the limit, it is called the Memorial Stadium because it is a

memorial to rugby players that fell during the 1st world war.

Do they have absolutely no shame?

And the proper name is the memorial Ground not stadium like those ****s have changed it to

Yawn ..... who cares.

They will be in the Conference soon.

I care, memorials are there to force us to remember. Take away the memorials then you start to dilute the memory.

Got nothing against them moving, got nothing against them progressing. If it was any other club I would be equally against it.

OK, I'm against the gas and for the respectful preservance of war memorials in all there form...

But it's a bit rich coming from us to criticise the sags for trying to redevelop their stadium using supermarket sale funds! Apologies for bringing a bit of balance but they're not desecrating the grave of the unknown soldier or burning commemorative benches.

For one I couldn't give a flying F, and much more interested in supporting our boys getting away from the relegating zone!

OK, I'm against the gas and for the respectful preservance of war memorials in all there form...

But it's a bit rich coming from us to criticise the sags for trying to redevelop their stadium using supermarket sale funds! Apologies for bringing a bit of balance but they're not desecrating the grave of the unknown soldier or burning commemorative benches.

For one I couldn't give a flying F, and much more interested in supporting our boys getting away from the relegating zone!

I too dont give a hoot to what they do in usual circumstances. BUT, its not theirs to sell be it to a super market or a home to lost kittens.

Its not selling it to a supermarket thats getting on my goat and everyone else, its the fact they think they can sell land given as a gift to bristol people so sport can be played and observed in the memory of the fallen. And no sags, its not just the gates.

I too dont give a hoot to what they do in usual circumstances. BUT, its not theirs to sell be it to a super market or a home to lost kittens.

Its not selling it to a supermarket thats getting on my goat and everyone else, its the fact they think they can sell land given as a gift to bristol people so sport can be played and observed in the memory of the fallen. And no sags, its not just the gates.

I think you'll find the Rugby club sold the land that was given to them... not Rovers

If the land meant so much why was it not stopped when it was sold in the first place

And as far as land being given away goes i beleive a large plot was 'Given' to City for Ashton Vale

Dont know what your worried about anyway with oour board at rovers it wont bloody happen anyway!! :laugh:

I think you'll find that they (gash board) have "conveniently" misslaid the orginal deeds that show the entitlement etc.

Strange things tend to happen when they are around (Eastvile South Stand Blaze, anybody?)

I think you'll find that they (gash board) have "conveniently" misslaid the orginal deeds that show the entitlement etc.

Strange things tend to happen when they are around (Eastvile South Stand Blaze, anybody?)

Did the Rugby club sell the ground yes or no? .... Yes

no one kicked off that they made money from land given to them as a memorial that they sold when they we're skint

no one kicked off that they made money from land given to them as a memorial that they sold when they we're skint

No one kicked off cus it was still going to be used for the same purpose. And dont kid yourself. They didnt make hardly anything when compared to the real land value.

With respect Tom, I think you have skipped around the actual issue with this post. I think the reason why nobody kicked off as such when Bristol Rugby sold the ground to the Gas was probably because the ground was still going to be used as sporting facilities for the Rugby club and yourselves.

What Bristol Rovers are intending to do with this deal is to sell the ground to a Supermarket who will no doubt build a new store on the site. The land that was a gift to mark fallen soldiers to be used by the people of Bristol to watch Rugby (and in recent years, football) will no longer be able to serve the purpose for which it was originally intended...a sporting memorial.

With respect Tom, I think you have skipped around the actual issue with this post. I think the reason why nobody kicked off as such when Bristol Rugby sold the ground to the Gas was probably because the ground was still going to be used as sporting facilities for the Rugby club and yourselves.

What Bristol Rovers are intending to do with this deal is to sell the ground to a Supermarket who will no doubt build a new store on the site. The land that was a gift to mark fallen soldiers to be used by the people of Bristol to watch Rugby (and in recent years, football) will no longer be able to serve the purpose for which it was originally intended...a sporting memorial.

Im not arguing that the land is a memorial to the soldiers and that is was given for that reason and purpose... just think that the Rugby club should never have been aloud to sell it in the first place as it wasnt really theres to sell... once they were allowed to profit from the sale (HOW BIG A PROFIT IS NOT THE ISSUE) it was always likely to open the way for the land to be sold again... not saying its right or wrong

I beleive Rovers have plans to offer a plot of land to be used in the same vain ie sports use and as a memorial (but im not 100%)

As i said i wouldnt better on Dunford, Bradshaw and there puppets getting anything built anyway so it proberbly wont be an issue!

Archived