IGNORED

Gary Johnsons Bad Cup Form.continues

Mrdc

I hadn't realised he was doing so badly. Just read this on a Northampton site:

The possibility could end a nightmare reign for the Cobblers gaffer, who with his dodgy decisions and odd tactics having disillusioned fans, has delivered only seven victories in an abysmal thirty-two games as boss at Sixfields.

The "possibility" refers to GJ's rumoured imminent return to Yeovil.

I don't really understand why he chose to go to Northampton in the first place.

If he'd of waited, he could of got a much better job. Now he'll struggle after his record there though.

I'm not so sure out of work managers can pick and choose what their next job will be, there are an enormous amount of work and you have to take what's on offer at the time. Seems like we saw the best of Gary Johnsons managerial career, it looks like he ran out of ideas after leaving us.

I'm not so sure out of work managers can pick and choose what their next job will be, there are an enormous amount of work and you have to take what's on offer at the time. Seems like we saw the best of Gary Johnsons managerial career, it looks like he ran out of ideas after before leaving us.

:whistle2:

Players to his disposal are not good enough. What can he do without money? Don't overrate he importance of management should he not be given good time. Had quite a makeover of the squad last summer but so far it don't look that good.

When Johnson took over there chairman was saying, this man will take us forward he will get us to where we want to be, it worked at AG for three years but when certain players came in they didn't like is army type drills in training with Johnson it's my way or the highway, the Basso thing at us was the end of him, Peterborough most of the players hated him and his ways, and it seems the players are doing the same at Northampton. He has bought Bas in for them Lee as number 2, he done a great job here getting us up, play-off season shit league and as the person who asked you all too read him column said he tried to change a passing side to a side who needs to get the ball forward quick, that's why he got lumps up front on loan. Fair shout too Millen Kilkenny will be a great signing Del has noticed this he will be an important player in the next few months, pass and move, Maynard is not a hold up player, he needs players to thread balls to the great runs he makes you ball watchers never see.

I've seen it banded around a lot recently that we played a slick, passing game during the promotion/play-off seasons and to my mind it's a complete fallacy; in 2006/7, almost half of our wins were 1-0s, and out of the top 7 only Yeovil scored fewer goals than us. We played effective football, but, Gary's first season aside, he never registered a goalscorer with more than 11 league goals a season. Gary's regime was built on a solid defence, how many times did we hear he wanted a 'Grandma in the goal' mentality, which we certainly did have. The other thing we achieved was incredible resiliance; the 7 games in a row where we fell behind but lost none of over Christmas 2006 the best showing of this. Gary's record of hit-and-miss signings in forward position was a near constant from the start, and I can clearly remember numerous games from both seasons where we played poorly in terms of attacking football, but ground out results. The one that really sticks in my mind as having caused a big sulk on here was after Murray's goal within 30 seconds vs. Millwall in December 2006, when he was criticised for not taking the game to Millwall and being too conservative as it went on.

One other thing, don't believe every conspiracy theory you read.

Archived