IGNORED

Martin Johnson

solo1bc

I know there are a few on here who follow the rugby as well (and also expecting a few posts along the lines of 'who cares about egg chasers')...

What do people think about Johno's departure and who would people like to see brought in? Can there be any hope of success with the mess at the RFU ongong?

Personally I'm sad that it's ended the way that it has but not sad to see him leave. With the exception of a few glimpses over the last few years we've not progressed with a clear pattern of play or any statement about how we want to develop as a national team. Selection has continued to be frustrating to say the least and the RWC squad was really the final straw there I feel... Hape instead of Flutey... Easter instead of Robshaw... There shouldn't have been a problem with Tindall cos Twelvetrees should have been in the centre with Tuilagi for at least a year...

Likewise at Flyhalf then while Wilkinson is a legend and a fantastic guy to have on the bench we should have stuck with Flood through his dip in form as distribution and overall attacking threat just increased tenfold with him playing...

Biggest criticism is that he never fixed the lack of leadership on or off the pitch. The number of England games I've watched in the last 2 years where we've just run out of ideas or just gone flat in terms of passion and effort are hard to count... Most of them though unfortunately which for someone with Johno's character seems to be very strange cos you'd think that'd be the first thing he fixed...

On the positive side then we've shown glimpses of what we're capable of and Johno will always be an absolute legend as player and captain...

My vote would be Graham Henry in a Director of Rugby role with Mallinder as Manager/Head coach although I think that's probably dreamland?

PS. Rob Andrew?!?!?! Eff off please! :disapointed2se:

Archived