IGNORED

Defender On Loan Before The Deadline...

DaveF

This seems to me to be how it works.

The Evening Post, without any sources any more or even seemingly a vague indication of how things are going in BS3, guess at things and then Sky report this guesswork verbatim.

Yesterday's "report" by Stockhausen on this claimed we were "hard hit by injuries for defenders", despite the previous nght seeing a reserve back four line up of Spence, Wilson, Stewart and Hunt against Mangotsfield! Plus of course McAllister is back in training now, too.

Originally the Evening Post claimed McInnes was after a "commanding central midfielder", so his first signing? A left sided one, somewhere that we have had the obvious imbalance he's regularly mentioned.

Lesson learned? They really don't have a clue, McInnes might decide he needs a centre back, but then he might not.

The link with Ryan Stevenson seems a bit more likely to me........

This seems to me to be how it works.

The Evening Post, without any sources any more or even seemingly a vague indication of how things are going in BS3, guess at things and then Sky report this guesswork verbatim.

Yesterday's "report" by Stockhausen on this claimed we were "hard hit by injuries for defenders", despite the previous nght seeing a reserve back four line up of Spence, Wilson, Stewart and Hunt against Mangotsfield! Plus of course McAllister is back in training now, too.

Originally the Evening Post claimed McInnes was after a "commanding central midfielder", so his first signing? A left sided one, somewhere that we have had the obvious imbalance he's regularly mentioned.

Lesson learned? They really don't have a clue, McInnes might decide he needs a centre back, but then he might not.

The link with Ryan Stevenson seems a bit more likely to me........

Ryan Stevenson would be great, but i wouldnt call him a commanding midfielder, hes more of a roaming attacking player.

Whereas someone like Jody Morris could be commanding !

I think sky is more reputable that you'd imagine. They had a decent accuracy rate with Bristol City rumours over the summer, and were one of the earliers sources to suggest Derek McInnes might be in line for the job. Give them SOME credit, even if they're not always right.

I think sky is more reputable that you'd imagine. They had a decent accuracy rate with Bristol City rumours over the summer, and were one of the earliers sources to suggest Derek McInnes might be in line for the job. Give them SOME credit, even if they're not always right.

Sky are good when it comes to big things like new managers or transfer deadline day. But the rest of the time, for clubs below the Premier League, they tend to recycle stories that have been in the local papers and on the BBC website.

Archived