IGNORED

Passing

Olé

McGivern, Pearson, Kilkenny, Skuse, Cisse, McGivern, Kilkenny, Cisse, Kilkenny, Maynard - Goal (9 passes)

McGivern, Cisse, McGivern, Pearson, McGivern, Adomah, Maynard - Goal (6 passes)

If we were a Premier League team they'd be purring. Finally we have a manager preaching the importance of possession.

Cisse and Kilkenny are masterful and Pearson is smart, an astute signing, the type of player we haven't had in years.

McGivern, Pearson, Kilkenny, Skuse, Cisse, McGivern, Kilkenny, Cisse, Kilkenny, Maynard - Goal (9 passes)

If we were a Premier League team they'd be purring. Finally we have a manager preaching the importance of possession.

Cisse and Kilkenny are masterful and Pearson is smart, an astute signing, the type of player we haven't had in years.

What it proves is that you don't need 25-30 passes to score a goal.

What it proves is that you don't need 25-30 passes to score a goal.

Minus Argentina, how many teams are putting together 25 passes for a goal?

The composure we showed for the first goal, and for a number of the near misses too was amazing, even when the ball got near the byline, if the right option wasn't there it would come back out. What happened to the days of headless chickens?

Minus Argentina, how many teams are putting together 25 passes for a goal?

The composure we showed for the first goal, and for a number of the near misses too was amazing, even when the ball got near the byline, if the right option wasn't there it would come back out. What happened to the days of headless chickens?

Now let me see Barcelona,spain,swansea,etc,etc,personally I like 5-6-7 quick passes as opposed to 25-30 10 yard passes,and composure is a completely different thing all together,nothing to do with how many passes you make.

Absolutely.

I couldn't believe I read someone on here say they thought he "could better" after his debut, he doesn't waste the ball, finds space and has the advantage of being decent in the air, too.

Cisse is so underrated, no idea why Millen froze him out, but he's essential away from the Gate.

Word of praise for Marvin, he isn't in the same league as the others technically but after being the subject of a poor challenge by their centre half he kept going (as usual) throughout.

Archived