IGNORED

Skuuuuuuuuuuuse.

_Bristol-City_

I think that Fonts was at fault TBH. Skuse was caught out of position by the handball and Fontaine turned to the ref and DIDN'T PLAY TO THE WHISTLE. This meant that he lost his man who was able to get to the byline. And with two players to aim it was always gonna end up in the back of the net. Fair play to James for nearly getting enough on it though.

I cant believe what im reading. Skuse was awful today his distribution was dismal and put us under a lot of pressure and if we want to push on to the higher end of the table in this league and push for the premier league then he needs to be replaced!

Wind up i take it?, or what you know about football i could write on a match box, why did the boy who destroyed McGivern in the first half getting crosses in suddenly not look so good?, oh because Skuse was awful.

TBH i would give DJ a fair portion of the blame for thier goal. The lead up to it saw Millwall pressing for a good few minutes, knocking the ball around and probably putting us under the first period of sustained pressure in the match, Once it had broken down and DJ had the ball would rather he`d held onto it a bit so we could regroup and clear the lines, instead he rolled it out and with nowhere to go we lost possesion again with the back 4 not ready 4 the ball coming back. Yes you can look at them for poor positioning but it was DJ`s throw that caught them cold. Still no harm done, onwards and upwards.

PDG

Wind up i take it?, or what you know about football i could write on a match box, why did the boy who destroyed McGivern in the first half getting crosses in suddenly not look so good?, oh because Skuse was awful.

Because we dominated more second half?

Because he was on his weaker foot?

I cant believe what im reading. Skuse was awful today his distribution was dismal and put us under a lot of pressure and if we want to push on to the higher end of the table in this league and push for the premier league then he needs to be replaced!

Did you go to the game?

From what I saw skuse defended well, distributed well, overlapped well and was one of our best players.

Because we dominated more second half?

Because he was on his weaker foot?

OK so he could not go inside on his stronger foot, Skuse didn't get closer to him and with his strong presence against, didn't make no difference, Skuse is no Inesta in midfield but he is a big lad when he tackles you know you have been tackled, there manager put there best player against ours to see who came out on top Albert won that battle by a mile, watch the game again tomorrow on Sky or buy the DVD from the club shop. If you don't understand what i'm saying he put him there to stop Albert doing the left back and he wanted to get Albert on the back foot thinking about picking him up.

Did you go to the game?

From what I saw skuse defended well, distributed well, overlapped well and was one of our best players.

Skuse got the wrong side of his man and gave away a penalty in the first two minutes. Luckily for us and Skuse the ref mucked up and didn't give it. Wasn't exactly good for their goal and was caught out of position on more than a few occasions.

All that being said, I don't suppose that he's started more than 10 games at RB, so he's still very much a work in progress and could develop into something good. Really can't understand the praise he gets on here though - right now he's alright overall but not really any more.

Skuse got the wrong side of his man and gave away a penalty in the first two minutes. Luckily for us and Skuse the ref mucked up and didn't give it. Wasn't exactly good for their goal and was caught out of position on more than a few occasions.

All that being said, I don't suppose that he's started more than 10 games at RB, so he's still very much a work in progress and could develop into something good. Really can't understand the praise he gets on here though - right now he's alright overall but not really any more.

Nya missed the header and Skuse was covering for him at right back clever def, sometimes you get away with it sometimes not, if pen giving he would of only got a yellow good defending imo, most right backs would of done that, Skuse realised Nya wasn't going to get there or had he pulled on to Skuse shoulder, who knows. Look back on Cole Skuse history he made his début for City at centre back, this is not a trial period he can play centre back or right back, Doherty played in defence for a lot of his youth football.

Nya missed the header and Skuse was covering for him at right back clever def, sometimes you get away with it sometimes not, if pen giving he would of only got a yellow good defending imo, most right backs would of done that, Skuse realised Nya wasn't going to get there or had he pulled on to Skuse shoulder, who knows. Look back on Cole Skuse history he made his début for City at centre back, this is not a trial period he can play centre back or right back, Doherty played in defence for a lot of his youth football.

Agree with all that about Nyatanga but still thought Skuse out of position - wrong side of the man, IMO, marking no one and effectively out of the game. Definitely a pen and a yellow but certainly not a red.

Not that I'm unhappy with Skuse - he's a good pro, quick, tackles well and his distribution whilst not fantastic is ok and I think better than Bradley Orr's. Positional play isn't great but that will come with experience in what is a fairly new position. Cautiously optimistic is how I see him, it's just that some of the praise on here seems way OTT to me.

BTW, if there are any forum awards this year you definitely deserve something - I've never seen anybody take the trouble to find an acute accent to put in the word 'début' before. (I copied and pasted yours in there, in case you're wondering).

I'm sorry but Fonts was at fault for the goal, He simply stopped tracking back and was more concerned about trying to claim the free-kick. First rule off football, play to the whistle.

Totally agree fonts should have stopped the cross coming in instead of doing a gary neville and sticking his arms up to appeal....

I thought Skuse was good today as he has been all season, where are the prats that were on here saying that he must have been sh*****g Millen to get into the team :disapointed2se:

You are joking right? He has been brilliant ever since del came in! Nyatanga is, and always has been the weak link.

Fonts and Nyatanga both looked really dodgy, Fontaine looked like he had minimal ball skills and nya kept getting skinned. Skuse was pretty solid and made some off the balls run's.

McGivern was getting gased loads in first half, but had a much better second! Overall our defence was ok down the wings, centre backs looked poor.

Archived