IGNORED

Homegrown 11 V Bristol 11

Bubble

Thought it might be abit of fun to generate two teams, a Homegrown 11 made of the best players from Bristol that have played for City in the last 30 years v A Bristol 11 made up of players from Bristol who have never played for City but have been professionals again in the last 30 years.

I dont even know if this is possible but lets see if anyone can come up with something

Tommy d

Marcus Stewart (good just not for us)

Louis Carey

Biff although I think he came from bradford on Avon does that count?

Danny coles

Matt hill.

Steve Phillips

Andy llewellyn

Paul mardon

Joe burnell

Matt bryant

Cole skuse

Wilson

Keith curle was he bristolian or from the area

Aaron brown

Hmm my memory is playing up, we had lots of bristol boys in the early 80's but never came to anything.

From the area

Gary mabbutt

Julian dicks

Jason dodd from southampton.

Holloway.

Cureton?

Scott Sinclair

Bobby zamora

Penrice?

I'm giving up now

Tommy d

Marcus Stewart (good just not for us)

Louis Carey

Biff although I think he came from bradford on Avon does that count?

Danny coles

Matt hill.

Steve Phillips

Andy llewellyn

Paul mardon

Joe burnell

Matt bryant

Cole skuse

Wilson

Keith curle was he bristolian or from the area

Hmm my memory is playing up, we had lots of bristol boys in the early 80's but never came to anything.

From the area

Gary mabbutt

Julian dicks

Jason dodd from southampton.

Holloway.

Cureton?

Scott Sinclair

Bobby zamora

Penrice?

I'm giving up now

Darren Peacock of Newcastle. Came from pinkhams twist in Whitchurch.

Let's include Arthur Milton in the City selection. He grew up in Bemmy and was the last Englishman to play both cricket and football at international level.

If you go back to the 70s, our golden years team contained a fair few local lads - Ray Cashley, Geoff Merrick, Cheese, Keith Fear, Trevor Tainton etc

Let's include Arthur Milton in the City selection. He grew up in Bemmy and was the last Englishman to play both cricket and football at international level.

If you go back to the 70s, our golden years team contained a fair few local lads - Ray Cashley, Geoff Merrick, Cheese, Keith Fear, Trevor Tainton etc

70's is a bit easier, you were either a jock or a bristolian :)

It is often said that our (and Rovers') crowds are relatively low, is because of the huge amature playing set up in Bristol (one of the biggest in the country, so I believe)

It is therefore quite shocking, just how few decent players are produced from this area!

There are certain boys clubs/teams from other areas of the counrty that have produced more talent in the past than this entire region has!

There must be a reason for it - im sure that the women are no more tempting a disctraction here, than many other parts of the country (except Stoke! :laugh:)

This lads quality! would love to see us get him in, as a future keeper.

How did we not sign him up ourselves? Did we miss him or did he turn us down? Considering he played for Clevedon United and Jamie Shore's Academy you'd have thought we'd have known about him from a very early age. Will be a travesty if he becomes a top keeper.

How did we not sign him up ourselves? Did we miss him or did he turn us down? Considering he played for Clevedon United and Jamie Shore's Academy you'd have thought we'd have known about him from a very early age. Will be a travesty if he becomes a top keeper.

Butland, is from Bristol, Jamie Shore what a player that would of been if his Knees didn't go, played same age group as him, great to see his quality is not being wasted, on why we didn't pick him up it's all about the scouting network certain players go under the radar and come back to haunt you as a scout.

Jack Butland who's been getting rave reviews at Cheltenham on loan from Birmingham is from Clevedon. He's already got 5 U-21 caps and he's only 18.

Played against him once for school and we drew 0-0; rest of their team

were awful and we had a striker on rovers books at the time and he saved everything! Pure class.

you can add to that list, Dave Lee and Steve Yates - Yates was a quality Centre Half, Dave Lee believe it or not was a fantastic striker - i had to once mark him and Mardon - Jeez was that hard work!!

Thought David Lee Played Centre Back.

Steve yates is a good Shout, he was a cracking Centre back

Thought David Lee Played Centre Back.

Steve Yates is a good Shout, he was a cracking Centre back

Yep, from 9-16 Dave Lee was one of the hottest strikers in Bristol and the South West and really tough to mark (although i think he's still in my pocket!) but when he went to Chelsea on a YTS scheme (yep - thats true!!) they changed him and he emerged as a footballing centre half - decent career too. And by the way, Gas through and through!!!

Archived