IGNORED

Interesting Bit Of Trivia

Kingswood Robin

This may have been mentioned before but I was looking through some football stats the other day and in particular play-off stats (okay stick with it).

The attendance for our match against Hull was the highest ever for a play-off match. If you class play-offs as league matches (which I do) then it's also the highest official attendance for a league match ever in England. A play-off stat where we haven't been beaten!

This may have been mentioned before but I was looking through some football stats the other day and in particular play-off stats (okay stick with it).

The attendance for our match against Hull was the highest ever for a play-off match. If you class play-offs as league matches (which I do) then it's also the highest official attendance for a league match ever in England. A play-off stat where we haven't been beaten!

Nice, but how can it be a league match when the result doesn't affect the league table?

I have always thought that Play-off games should be classed as "bonus" league games for the clubs that "qualify" for them.

The fact that Huddersfields record sandwiches itself around a good old thumping in arguably the biggest game of a "league" season is a bit of a joke.

Ironic that their cup defeat at Swindon a couple of weeks ago was also a hammering, although quite rightly not effecting their "league record"

Archived