IGNORED

Tim Gudgin

bcfcdeano

Apologies if this has already been posted

Tim Gudgen retired from reading the football scores on Saturday - link here to the broadcast - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15804993.stm

Just got me reminising about football of old. I've been in love with football (and BCFC) for about 16 years and in all that time, people like Tim Gudgen, the music of Sports Report, the MOTD tune and up until a few years ago the Grandstand theme have been an almost weekly occurance in my life. Can always rely on one of those, and you certainly know or notice if you miss one.

Football means so many things to so man different people - but for me its about people like Tim Gudgen and what he used to do, its about the match day routine (after a heavy defeat at AG a few years back they didnt play Drink up Thy Cider, and as i left the ground it took me ages to work out something was missing, not just the three points!)

Not sure what the point of my post is, just a reminise on all things good about football, and those things we almost take for granted on a weekly basis and have been around for so long.

Archived