IGNORED

Loan Deadline Day - 5Pm

brad blit

I wonder if anything will happen with City today either In or Out.......

Del has come out saying he'd like to strengthen the defence but will anything come of this?

Also will we see the likes of Clarkson and JCR loaned out?

I see Doncaster are looking like signing ANOTHER player, this time from France.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley/rovers_and_owls_beat_loan_deadline_to_bolster_squads_1_3993729

Im guessing none in, and 2 out.......

I wonder if anything will happen with City today either In or Out.......

Del has come out saying he'd like to strengthen the defence but will anything come of this?

Also will we see the likes of Clarkson and JCR loaned out?

I see Doncaster are looking like signing ANOTHER player, this time from France.

http://www.yorkshire...quads_1_3993729

Im guessing none in, and 2 out.......

According to the evil post, The answer is no.

http://www.thisisbri...tail/story.html

No post would be complete with the latest from our 'favourite' rumours site......

23 Nov 2011 23:44:59

Jason Koumas has turned down a one and a half year contract at Barnsley in order to sign a two year deal with Bristol City after new boss Derek McInnes sold the club to him over the last few days

23 Nov 2011 15:17:50

Bristol City news Andy Obrian in on loan with a view to a permanent move in January James Wilson to Leeds United as part of the deal

22 Nov 2011 10:51:12

St Johnstone and Hearts both in for Bristol City's David Clarkson also Lee Johnson on loan at Chesterfield is wanted by Bristol Rovers

There was also one about Albert signing on for Norwich for £1mil plus Andrew Surman but that wouldnt even buy his left foot...........

22 Nov 2011 10:51:12

St Johnstone and Hearts both in for Bristol City's David Clarkson also Lee Johnson on loan at Chesterfield is wanted by Bristol Rovers

There was also one about Albert signing on for Norwich for £1mil plus Andrew Surman but that wouldnt even buy his left foot...........

Brilliant. :clapping:

Also Lee Johnson to Rovers haha.

Would be nice to see a couple more fringe players go out on loan with a view to perm moves in Jan. Depending on who moves, i think we could see 2 or 3 new faces come January. Perhaps Pearson on a perm if he continues to impress. Im still undecided on McGivern, not sure if he is the long term solution, wouldn't mind him in the squad but still think we need a quality, experienced LB to come in. Maybe the new style of play and formation will be better for McCalister when he returns to fitness, ive always thought he was ok up to the halfway line, the only time i thought we looked exposed at Millwall was when our full backs ventured forward then we lost possession, leaving a lot of space to run into down the wings.

Well he is not coming anyway, but he is not injury prone, well no more than Maynard or Pearson, and at our level and in our position would be a very good calming influence at centre back. Never to sign mind... Which is probably what Leeds wanted, someone to take him on full time, and on that I agree, no more Nicky Hunts. Something weird at Leeds though, our own Kilkenny had a bust up, as have numerous other players. Grayson or Bates, whatever, seems many a player has issues there.

Chance now for Nyatanga to show his worth, cut out the errors that destroy his good work, he is still young, but now needs to make a claim. I thought Wilson looked good early on, very good in fact and impressed greatly. Stewart is just a League 1 centre back, far too cumbersome. Thought we might have seen Carey go out on loan today, he needs games if he is going to be of use as a back up. Ribs needs to impress on loan, did not look good defensively last game by all accounts.

Current squad done well against bottom 10 teams (West Ham a good backs to wall away point) and as ever in football, Christmas period key. If we can pull away from bottom 3 in next ten games, then 2012 could be an enjoyable period. We should expect Maynard to leave in Jan, so we need to get some breathing space before then. Hope some of the players that are not in our plans and out of contract try and find a new club, though I do not expect any major incoming players until the summer. Next summer is when the shape of the team will change. Sadly Maynard will not be in it, like Beckford at Leeds, seems likely a Prem club will have a gamble on him as a free transfer or small fee, what do they lose ? Nothing ? Try him out, if he works bargain, if not, a Championship club will pay a few million for him (like we did) Maybe we will keep him until the summer, just to make sure we are safe, I guess it depends on where we are in the league. Any fee in Jan will be set against what the boss thinks Pitman can do and if we need Maynard presence to stave off any relegation. After all, even a few million does not cover the expense of relegation.

So, any others out today ? Seems not, for me strange that pro players prefer sitting in reserves rather than playing.

I said had become injury prone a la Carey, Obrien is 32 years old now.

Archived