IGNORED

Luis Suarez

Esmond Million's Bung

One of the best footballers I've seen at the gate for,a very long time.

Comes from a different side of the world and brought up with a totally different footballing mentality, that said, most players would do the same if they thought they would get away with it.

Comes from a different side of the world and brought up with a totally different footballing mentality, that said, most players would do the same if they thought they would get away with it.

interestingly the same excuse being used for his racism charge, a cheat is a cheat and he is a cheat.

Have I missed something?

Steven Gerrard is a first class diver too.

But he's English so it's ok right. :me?:

Suarez diving still pales into significance at what he did at the world cup... that really was shameful.

Suarez diving still pales into significance at what he did at the world cup... that really was shameful.

Shameful or not....if a England player did that at that level and we went one on to get to the semi finals, few would complain, as with the linesman in 66, or for the young fan Owen, in the world cup against argues in 2002.

I mentioned earlier about growing up in a different world effectively, but that's what happens in south American football, watched alot in the mid 90's and it's common place, not saying its right but it's the way it is over there, if that's the way your brought up, then you don't understand that over countries may see it as wrong.

If an England player did what Suarez did in the world cup he would be a hero! It's no more wrong than bringing down a player in a clear goal scoring opportunity.

It's still cheating to prevent a goal, it's no different because he used his hand!

He was punished (red card) and a penalty awarded, the same as bringing down a player in a box. It's no worse than a keeper dragging someone down who has skipped past them and is about to roll a ball into an empty net.

I wonder what these South Americans do when they really get hit!

Uruguay for example, their midfielders and defenders are Brutal in the tackle, we think our tackling is hard, you have not seen anything until you see what they do over there. Maybe they Dive early to try and stop this kind of tackling and save themselve bust legs, It may be a measure they decided to take to protect themselves when Refs were letting hardmen getaway withtheir hatchett jobs.

Now I can understand thes South Americans diving because of theis, but Europeans? The hardness of and nastiness of the players is not in the same league to the South Americans, so maybe these South American imports have got into the psyhcie of the Europeans footballers mind.

As for the spitting etc, that is just disgusting, and not entirely sure how that can be okay in any society

Yeah, but he won his team the match in a knock-out tie at the world cup.

We might not like the methods, but one of the problems with our national team is they don't have a 'win at all costs' mentality. He cheated, he was punished and his gamble paid off. Diving is slightly different, but the way to combat that is retrospective punishment which FIFA will never agree to as it questions the integrity of their precious, unimpeachable referees

Yeah, but he won his team the match in a knock-out tie at the world cup.

We might not like the methods, but one of the problems with our national team is they don't have a 'win at all costs' mentality. He cheated, he was punished and his gamble paid off. Diving is slightly different, but the way to combat that is retrospective punishment which FIFA will never agree to as it questions the integrity of their precious, unimpeachable referees

Not so much the cheating, but the reaction of celebrating the missed pen afterwards...

Not so much the cheating, but the reaction of celebrating the missed pen afterwards...

Hey, they progressed, I am sure he was delighted with the miss, not really sporting, but that is is our downall as a sporting nation, sportsmanship. If we were a little nastier, and overstepped our own sporting justice boundaries occasionaly we may actually get further.

I guess we choose if we stick to our moral code, and sometimes get beaten for sticking to it, but take the moral high ground. Or occasionaly cheat andget a result.

Probably the former, becuae that is the way we British/English think.

Shameful or not....if a England player did that at that level and we went one on to get to the semi finals, few would complain, as with the linesman in 66, or for the young fan Owen, in the world cup against argues in 2002.

I mentioned earlier about growing up in a different world effectively, but that's what happens in south American football, watched alot in the mid 90's and it's common place, not saying its right but it's the way it is over there, if that's the way your brought up, then you don't understand that over countries may see it as wrong.

How did the Russian linesman cheat? In nearly fifty years no one has proved whether the ball crossed the line or not. Maybe he got it wrong maybe he didn't?

How many times a game do you see a player appeal for a throw in/corner when they know they touched the ball last? Countless times every game. While you may say that's a different level of cheating to diving to win a penalty, it's still cheating and trying to con the ref.

Suarez is right up there with the worst. Arjen Robben had "balance" problems.

Ironically is was Skrtel who contributed to dopey Balotelli's sending off by crumpling like a girl clutching his face when TV replays showed that Balotelli may well have ruffled a few hairs at the back of his head. Skrtel sets himself as one of the toughest defenders in world football. These people are making football a complete joke - netball anyone?

Archived