IGNORED

Name On Shirt

The Man In Black

I went to the Gate today to do something that I have never done before: I was going to get my forum name on the back of my current City shirt (so that you can all spot me and buy me drinks on Sunday :blink: )

So I drive all the way down (well, I was going for a picnic over Ashton Court anyway) only for the flipping machine to be broke! Just my luck. :)

So, who knows the best place to go tomorrow morning? The ladies in the shop said that it should be fixed by Saturday but I will be out of town. They also mentioned that JJB Sports in Brislington is where a lot of people go, but I'm sure that they have a rule where they won't touch any shirt below the First Division.

But if anyone has any idea, give us a clue! :laugh:

Cheers guys,

Rob

You never know JJB could take pity and let it go just this once. I have never heard of this objection from them before neither and when i was in there last i remember noticing that printing was quite cheap. no harm in giving them a ring. if not, always masking tape- worth a try if a few free bevvies are at stake!!

The only pcae that you can get it done is at the city shop, you can't get it done at JJB. I tried to get my forum name on the back of my shirt at JJB and they said that if summut went wrong they wouldn't be able to supply me a new one so i would assume a lot of shops would adopt this rule. Good luck trying to find one though. :)

Do You Do Shirt Printing?

Yes, but we can only print on the following shirts: FA Premier, SPL, England and Scotland national shirts.

If your shirt is purchased from JJB Sports and and you can provide a valid receipt the cost is just £10 for any name and number.

Should you wish for us to print on a shirt not purchased from JJB Sports the cost would be £1.50 per individual letter and £6 per individual number.

Example: To have OWEN 10 printed on a shirt the total cost would be £18

Please note that we only print on shirts we stock and do not print on any special edition shirts or autographed shirts.

Yeah, just found this on their website.

Plus £1.50 a letter sounds a bit steep :) That'll be nearly £20 for "Man In Black", without the 'The' or a number.... :laugh:

What about the Rovers shop? They must have facilities or would you rather not put any money in their coffers?
Sure the person at the counter would love that!! I can imagine it now:

City fan: "Can you print Bristol City Play-off Winners 2004 on the back please mate"

Sad Gashead: (Bursts into tears, reaches for Petrol Can and strikes a match, there goes the shirt...collapses to the floor in a deranged, despairing fit of tears...)" Not bloody Ian Atkins, Chester City again..not bloody Chester City"

Looks like on Donnelly's advice I'll be headed for the dreaded Broadmead tomorrow morning before work (god that place brings me out in a rash)

Geesus, any more info on Chippenham just in case. I might be able to convince the missus that it will be a very nice place to visit on her day off on Saturday :)

And cheers to dazza247 for making me laugh out loud :laugh: Yes KNR, the Rovers shop is a short drive down the road from my abode, but I don't think I fancy trying it! :blink:

Wheres my medal?
If it works out I would have brought you a pint Sunday, honestly. But you're too young. Wouldn't want to be banged up before the game for supplying alcohol to a minor :laugh:

Well, after much searching on the Galleries website (itching just looking... don't you hate it when all those beggars sit by the cashpoints... and the flipping people with clip boards.... and the ****in' litigation companies who want you to sue someone....) I've finally found the name of the company under 'men's fashion'.

And quite originally, they're called 'T-shirt Print' :) Clever

Got their phone number, so I think I'll give 'em a ring before I risk braving the place!

what you gotta remember MIB is that the club shop will be the officail Nationwide city lettering, and the shop in broadmead will do just general letters, and probably in a straight line, not curved like the team shirts - well thats what happend to me in this shop for my 99 city shirt.. You gotta remember its a sturday and that shop will be well busy.

My advice is if its this seasons shirt do it at broadmead. if its the new shirt, wait.

You could always get the t shirt shop to print up your own playoff red shirt with your own logos and stuff with "Man In Black sits here, a pint? Yes please..."

Yeah, just found this on their website.

Plus £1.50 a letter sounds a bit steep :) That'll be nearly £20 for "Man In Black", without the 'The' or a number.... :laugh:

You could always change your forum to 'A' :blink::laugh:

Well, that's an idea Bling - the question is would it work on you and would you buy me a pint if you saw me? :)

Unfortunately the shop in the Galleries is a no-go since it takes them more than two days to do (and with the Bank Holiday weekend the earliest they can do it for is Wednesday)

Sorry I'm just resigned to turning up and looking like a poor student to get drinks :P

Seriously though guys, cheers for the help.

But in case anyone looks out for me, I'm the one in the black in this pic (obviously):

image16.jpg

Archived