IGNORED

Portsmouth In Administration...............again

Monkeh

I think they would be some kind of legal battle if this happened. A pompey fan on the TV was saying that the Football league had approved the new owner and that he had passed their own 'fit and proper' owners test.

at the time though he wasn't arrested for money laundering the football league are many things but they can't see into the future,

No one saw it coming to be honest there were no rumours like with chester and southampton, it was just bang there you go

Considering our financial losses once more this year, I hardly think we're in a position to be preaching about sound financial management. Still, we pay our creditors I guess, shows how lucky we are to have Lansdown but even that could be hard to sustain in the medium to long run.

Ummm haven't you answered your own question?. Preaching?, well at least Palarse have been reasonably prudent in their transfer dealings since their near death experience, unlike Portsmouth who have done exactly the same again, signing expensive and highly paid players and it hasn't exactly helped them a lot, if they go into administration again the punishment should be much more severe this time around, this is a scandal.

As usual David Conn is on the case:

http://www.guardian....ladimir-antonov

Following his blog will be the best way of finding the truth as it unfolds.

An interesting read, I understand Portsmouth fans anger at the leagues fit and proper test but by the same token I didn't hear any of this anger or questions being asked when Kitson and Lawrence were signed so soon after coming out of administration.

Considering our financial losses once more this year, I hardly think we're in a position to be preaching about sound financial management. Still, we pay our creditors I guess, shows how lucky we are to have Lansdown but even that could be hard to sustain in the medium to long run.

We are in this debt in the knowledge that Lansdown will bail us out. Its Lansdown that has got us into this position insofar as he has pulled the strings.

With that in mind the management haven't been reckless - we can afford to do what we've done, however much it hurts.

An interesting read, I understand Portsmouth fans anger at the leagues fit and proper test but by the same token I didn't hear any of this anger or questions being asked when Kitson and Lawrence were signed so soon after coming out of administration.

True, and not the first time. Mandaric is charged with tax fraud, Gadyamak was wanted for gun running. But they are not alone. Remember how Man City took to a known mass murderer? I doubt if our fans would react differently to some shyster if they believed had lots of money. There are no ethics in football, but then there are none in financial services, or indeed in.Government. All part of the same corrupt culture.:disapointed2se:

As to the League not having the resources to investigate individuals, I suggest Google. :innocent06:

Archived