IGNORED

Nyatanga Out

sglosbcfc

Del Boy is keen on a settled side, but it looks like Lewin will be out for our televised clash at the weekend. Who do City fans think should replace him? I'm guessing James Wilson will come in and the team will be otherwise unchanged. Boro have lots of Jocks (or players that have played in the SPL anyway) so McInnes and Pearson will know them well and vis versa of course.

I think Nyatanga and Fontaine have been awesome since McInnes has arrived, having said that Wilson is a great prospect who is only going to get better. Centre halves don't reach their peak years until they are 28-31 so all three of them in theory should continue to improve.

I can't believe you all! Can nobody see, he is one of the weaklinks in the team? Yet AGAIN, played hopeless balls upfield tonight and gave the ball away on more than one occasion. Just isn't good enough for me.

you are an idiot,

he was a rock against southampton coninsiding with you disapearing and not posting at the weekend hmmmm

he was great again last night by the sounds of it were you at the game?

he has been our best defender this season head and shoulders above everyone else

Jog on to the gas and slag them off not a side who are playing good attractive football and taken 14 from 18 points on offer

you are an idiot,

he was a rock against southampton coninsiding with you disapearing and not posting at the weekend hmmmm

he has been our best defender this season head and shoulders above everyone else

Jog on to the gas and slag them off not a side who are playing good attractive football and taken 14 from 18 points on offer

Don't mince your words Monkeh, say what you feel!

• Admin

I was at the game and I agree with Lew-T. We were giving it the "ooh" everytime the ball went near Loach & I'm surprised the Watford fans didn't do the same with Lewin (actually I'm not as we didn't hear a peep from them all night).

Every time Lewin had to play a pass, he looked like I would if I were chucked in a ring with Mike Tyson!

you are an idiot,

Very original monkeh. At the weekend I was praising the TEAM on a great performance, but I still believe that lewin isn't good enough at this level, everytime he had the ball tonight, he treated it as a hot potato. Another thing, he can't pass a football 5 yards!

I thought he looked lke the weak link last night. Did he not lose the ball for the first goal and then thundered forward?

Can't head the ball to one of our guys even when no one else is around and is a liabilty with the ball at his feet.

Having said that he is doing as well as I think he can do with limited ability.

I can't believe you all! Can nobody see, he is one of the weaklinks in the team? Yet AGAIN, played hopeless balls upfield tonight and gave the ball away on more than one occasion. Just isn't good enough for me.

Which one of our players weren't guilty of that last night? Even Kilkenny played two or three hopeless passes in the first half.

Yes Lewin does still hoof it, when nobody gives him an option to pass to. There were more times last night where he played the ball into midfield or out to McGivern then he lumped it up the pitch. When nobody is showing for him what do you expect him to? Second half I can't remember him hoofing it all and this is simply down to us being in control of the game and therefore everybody wants the ball and are making themselves available for it.

Plus, Nyatanga is a DEFENDER. He has been absolutely rock solid in the last six games, surely this is plain for all to see?

Lewin has defended pretty well this season and is becoming a reasonable centre back but he really does have to work on his passing, he makes some good interceptions and his posistional play is getting better but every time he has the ball at his feet i expect him to give it away.

Nyatanga has definitely improved as a player this season, but we need to remember he was coming from a pretty low base. The couple of times I saw him and Wilson play together, I always felt James was the better player. Not taking anything away from Lewin as he's earned his place in the side, but I'd like to see Wilson given a go with Fontaine for a few games now

But you said he couldn't pass over 5 yards.

He can.

What, so you are telling me that one 25 yard pass makes him a good player? I was just making my point how bad of a passer he is. Every footballer should be able to pass a football, should be the first priority! Lewin struggles and he can't even head a ball to one of our players! Last night, a couple of times he had time to bring it down, or head it to one of our players, instead of this, he either headed to one of their players of into space for their defender to retreat the ball.

Archived