IGNORED

Everton Looking At Maynard

myol'man

They would have to wait until the summer as they couldn't afford him in January. That could very well suit us nicely.

How???? We lose out on his value, unless he signs a new deal, in which case Everton withdraw interest. For me, the best solution is to shift Nicky in the transfer window and get his wages off the book, and then bring Pitman in to do the same job. I don't want to lose Nicky but you've got to accept he wants to move on...

Personally, I don't think Nicky is physically strong enough for the way the game is played at the top level now (often with a single front man) - but am happy to be proved wrong. Guess that kiddie Hernandez at Manure is hardly a powerhouse...

How???? We lose out on his value, unless he signs a new deal, in which case Everton withdraw interest. For me, the best solution is to shift Nicky in the transfer window and get his wages off the book, and then bring Pitman in to do the same job. I don't want to lose Nicky but you've got to accept he wants to move on...

Personally, I don't think Nicky is physically strong enough for the way the game is played at the top level now (often with a single front man) - but am happy to be proved wrong. Guess that kiddie Hernandez at Manure is hardly a powerhouse...

Nor is Aguero.

if you are good enough you are good enough, size weight strength doesn't come into it it, what you can do is the only factor.

I do agree with you though, I don't think Maynard will be a success at that Level, he hasn't really got 1 stand out feature to his play that will make him a real threat in the Prem

I do agree with you though, I don't think Maynard will be a success at that Level, he hasn't really got 1 stand out feature to his play that will make him a real threat in the Prem

He's a pretty clinical finisher and knows how to find the goal from 25yds+. Agree he probably doesnt have the complete package for the Prem but given the right service i think he could hold his own.

He's a pretty clinical finisher and knows how to find the goal from 25yds+. Agree he probably doesnt have the complete package for the Prem but given the right service i think he could hold his own.

When on form he is pretty clinical, when off his finishing leaves alot to be desired. Certainly has a rocket of a shot from distance, always useful.

I'm not sure he has the pace or the ability in the air for the type of team that maybe looking to buy him in the prem.

He is a weird one, I wouldn't call him a poacher as he doesn't get enough tap ins, you would never call him a target man, you wouldn't call him a pacey striker. I can't seem to pidgeon hole him... Which could work in is favour as he is something different... wether it is the type of different a Premier League side is looking for, time will tell

If Maynard is to leave maybe the best deal all round would be for us to sell him to Everton (or another club) in January so we don't miss out financially, then to have it written into the contract that he is loaned back to city until the end of the season.

Why on earth would Everton buy him and loan him striaght back to us??

If Maynard is to leave maybe the best deal all round would be for us to sell him to Everton (or another club) in January so we don't miss out financially, then to have it written into the contract that he is loaned back to city until the end of the season.

No club would do that.

If a club are going to spend big money rather than wait, they'll want him to play straight away. Otherwise, they might aswell wait and get him for nothing in the summer

Why on earth would Everton buy him and loan him striaght back to us??

I thought that. Only reason I could think of is that then they would not get gazummped in July. It's the only reason I can think of.

And to be fair it would not be in anyones interest, Who would want Maynard palying with them when he is earning 3 or 4 time what they are with no intention of ever signing for us. Makes no sense what so ever.

When on form he is pretty clinical, when off his finishing leaves alot to be desired. Certainly has a rocket of a shot from distance, always useful.

I'm not sure he has the pace or the ability in the air for the type of team that maybe looking to buy him in the prem.

He is a weird one, I wouldn't call him a poacher as he doesn't get enough tap ins, you would never call him a target man, you wouldn't call him a pacey striker. I can't seem to pidgeon hole him... Which could work in is favour as he is something different... wether it is the type of different a Premier League side is looking for, time will tell

His main attribute is the ability to hit the ball cleanly and accurately, early. I don't think I have seen anyone for a long time that can take a shot so early that the defenders and keepers have little chance to set themselves. He only needs half a yard of space to get a shot off and thats very useful at any level.

He isn't that good ...in fact i think Beckford is better....his attitude seems poor compared to maynard but Beckford has scored a goal every 1.9 games and Maynard has scored a goal every 2.3 games. Beckford is a very good championship striker and a below average prem striker maynard is the same IMO.

I can't see the Everton move happening but i can see him going to QPR. You cant blame him for wanting a shot at the prem best of luck to him if he goes

His main attribute is the ability to hit the ball cleanly and accurately, early. I don't think I have seen anyone for a long time that can take a shot so early that the defenders and keepers have little chance to set themselves. He only needs half a yard of space to get a shot off and thats very useful at any level.

Pitman hits a ball far earlier than Maynard ever does, Maynard always needs a touch, take a look atPitmans goals, I bet you almost everyone he hit without taking a touch, He could teach Maynard a thing or to about hitting a ball early.

I think Maynard just about trumps Pitman in the power stakes though

Pitman hits a ball far earlier than Maynard ever does, Maynard always needs a touch, take a look atPitmans goals, I bet you almost everyone he hit without taking a touch, He could teach Maynard a thing or to about hitting a ball early.

I wasn't making a straight comparison but take your point, BP can do it too, anyone who witnessed his goal at Watford last season (especially their keeper) might argue the power point with you though :). I think BP is more of a footballer too, which may have worked against him when KM was here and thought he could play him in midfield or on the wing, much like Cruyff did to Gary Lineker in Spain!

Maynard is a far better striker than pitman and this is backed up by stats.

Pitman is good but not in the same class as nicky maynard.

ahh, yes, but stats dont take into account that nicky maynard has long runs in the team - whereas pitman is in and out of the team....

Much easier to hit form and bang in the goals, when you are playing week in week out - whereas as pitmans career here has been stop-start - despite him scoring a decent amount of goals.

Pitman's got 16 goals for BCFC and has made just 25 league starts.

Maynard's got 44 goals with 104 league starts.

Ratio of goal/start in the league which I don't think is an unreasonable way of looking at it (since it excludes 10 minute runouts etc) Pitman's a better scorer.

Archived