IGNORED

Pompey Fire Sale

Murraysrightplum

Old, over rated and over paid.

Their number ten looked shit hot when they came to the gate earlier in the year. Think he is Dutch?

old? he's 29 and would walk into our team even with a broken leg, kilkenny is a good play but lawrence is 3 times the play kilkenny is

old? he's 29 and would walk into our team even with a broken leg, kilkenny is a good play but lawrence is 3 times the play kilkenny is

3 times the player Kilkenny is? I dont think so.

Yeah he's decent, but wow, anyone would think he is the David Beckham of the Championship the way you describe him.

As previous posters have said he wouldn't get in our team as he isn't fit to lace Albert's boots and he is indeed overpaid and overrated. Plus I wouldn't want that nasty, cheating b****** anywhere near this club. His and Fuller's Tom Daley-esque performances at The Britannia a few years ago still make me angry to this day.

Huseklepp on the other hand... :sign09:

1. Huseklepp - would be top of my list. Although they did pay 1.5 million for him, and I think bigger clubs would be after him.

2. Henderson - Just get the lad back in, tell him he is first choice next year, no problems whatsoever. This won't happen but I want it to :(.

Other players that might be worth a look at are:

3. Mokoena (CB/DM) - Had class, hasn't been playing much, might be worthwhile in the backline. 1.5 years left on his contract.

4. Jason Pearce (CB) - Highly rated at Bournemouth and only young.

5. Hayden Mullins (CM) - Might be a bit of a big-time charlie however, 32 but only has 6 months IIRC on his contract remaining.

6. Márkó Futács (ST) - Signed a one-year deal with 'Mouth in the summer, wouldn't cost an awful lot. Highly rated before his move to Portsmouth in Germany. Only 21. Might be a good squad option after we (hopefully) ship clarkson out, might be the man to be Brett's understudy if we lose Nicky.

Most of their other "good" players are has-beens on high wages and taking their last paycheck essentially. Kitson is undoubtedly a good player but wouldn't like us to go in for him.

That's who'd I'd be looking at (and not necessarily signing I might add) in a hypothetical football manager world.

1. Huseklepp - would be top of my list. Although they did pay 1.5 million for him, and I think bigger clubs would be after him.

2. Henderson - Just get the lad back in, tell him he is first choice next year, no problems whatsoever. This won't happen but I want it to :(.

4. Jason Pearce (CB) - Highly rated at Bournemouth and only young.

6. Márkó Futács (ST) - Signed a one-year deal with 'Mouth in the summer, wouldn't cost an awful lot. Highly rated before his move to Portsmouth in Germany. Only 21. Might be a good squad option after we (hopefully) ship clarkson out, might be the man to be Brett's understudy if we lose Nicky.

+1 on these, although I'd put Pearce ahead of Henderson. I was really hoping we'd go for him before his move to Pompey.

I can't see Henderson coming back though irrespective of what happens at Portsmouth.

Archived