IGNORED

Sexstone

leepeacock's50phead

Any one got any idea what this bloke is on about?

First he said it was unacceptable that we are in so much debt - no sh1t sherlock, but who's fault is that?

Not the guy who spends his hard earn cash to support the team, but rather him the chairman, next time rather than going to the press with the story it might sink in a bit better if he just addresses the man in the mirror.

Now today he is saying that players and agents have top be more 'realistic' about wages - absolute rubbish.

Its the clubs that vhoose to pay these ridiculously high wages and I seem to remember he did his own share of inflating players wages when offering higher wages (that incidently we couldnt afford) than Blackpool to secure Pitman and Stead.

BCFC have a higher wages to turnover ratio that Blackpool did when they were in the Premier League.

The ridiculous amount of debt we are now in is down to the running of the club and thats you Mr Sexstone

First he said it was unacceptable that we are in so much debt - no sh1t sherlock, but who's fault is that?

Not the guy who spends his hard earn cash to support the team, but rather him the chairman, next time rather than going to the press with the story it might sink in a bit better if he just addresses the man in the mirror.

Now today he is saying that players and agents have top be more 'realistic' about wages - absolute rubbish.

Its the clubs that vhoose to pay these ridiculously high wages and I seem to remember he did his own share of inflating players wages when offering higher wages (that incidently we couldnt afford) than Blackpool to secure Pitman and Stead.

BCFC have a higher wages to turnover ratio that Blackpool did when they were in the Premier League.

The ridiculous amount of debt we are now in is down to the running of the club and thats you Mr Sexstone

:facepalm: you really haven't got a clue have you

Umm, you think we got in to 20 million odd pounds of debt in 6 months? Name me one high transfer fee and wage that Sexstone has okayed!

All this debt is from Lansdown stewardship, maybe we have got a hard faced negotiator here in Sexstone who will get the right deals for Bristol City rather than the well intention Steve lansdown frittering his own money on the likes of Hunt.

Personally I think Sexton is the best man for reeling back in Lansdown's money, he is a hard faced take no prisoners arse, just the kind of person we need to get our spending back under control.

Good luck Sexstone, You might not be the nicest guy in the world, but you are just what we need when dealing with agents and players.

Umm, you think we got in to 20 million odd pounds of debt in 6 months? Name me one high transfer fee and wage that Sexstone has okayed!

All this debt is from Lansdown stewardship, maybe we have got a hard faced negotiator here in Sexstone who will get the right deals for Bristol City rather than the well intention Steve lansdown frittering his own money on the likes of Hunt.

Personally I think Sexton is the best man for reeling back in Lansdown's money, he is a hard faced take no prisoners arse, just the kind of person we need to get our spending back under control.

Good luck Sexstone, You might not be the nicest guy in the world, but you are just what we need when dealing with agents and players.

Sexstone was Chief executive before he became chairman so he would of been involved in the talks with the wages of Hunt Etc.

Sexstone was Chief executive before he became chairman so he would of been involved in the talks with the wages of Hunt Etc.

Final say was with Lansdown, who has already said in the past all financial decisions including wages contracts were down to him.

Mr Sexton will not be so frivolous, he is not a fan of splashing the cash, bit of a hard task master and penny pincher if i remember correctly when i worked down at Glos, he doesn't endear himself to many unfortunately.

Final say was with Lansdown, who has already said in the past all financial decisions including wages contracts were down to him.

Mr Sexton will not be so frivolous, he is not a fan of splashing the cash, bit of a hard task master and penny pincher if i remember correctly when i worked down at Glos, he doesn't endear himself to many unfortunately.

[/quote

Fair enough, i have nothing against him just as Chief Ex obviously he had dealings with the contracts, he done a great job at Glos CCC lets hope he does the same here.

I actually think a proportion of our fanbase will always dislike him whatever he does. Colin is one of the nicest blokes you can meet at AG and a life long fan.. What he said, to me, made perfect sence. Times are changing and there are more and more players out of a job, they no longer hold the cards when it comes to wages.

I actually think a proportion of our fanbase will always dislike him whatever he does. Colin is one of the nicest blokes you can meet at AG and a life long fan.. What he said, to me, made perfect sence. Times are changing and there are more and more players out of a job, they no longer hold the cards when it comes to wages.

I agree 100% get him 1 to 1 he is a lovely guy, he does get a bit defensive when provoke by groups, which is fair enough.

Completely misunderstood by many

I am I right in thinking that the majority of the debt is owed to SL is that of a loan for the stadium development?

I think Sexton said we spent something like 1.6 million two seasons ago and .6 million last season (I could be wrong)

The land itself is Lansdown's, not the clubs, so I don't think that debt is anything to do with Bristol city, I think Sexton said 20% of our debt over the last 2 seasons was directly down to the stadium, so not a huge amount, but still a chunk.

I think Sexton said we spent something like 1.6 million two seasons ago and .6 million last season (I could be wrong)

The land itself is Lansdown's, not the clubs, so I don't think that debt is anything to do with Bristol city, I think Sexton said 20% of our debt over the last 2 seasons was directly down to the stadium, so not a huge amount, but still a chunk.

A secured loan of £23.6m wont be helping matters I anticipate.

Christ some people will always find something to whinge about.

All the players are doing well so no fall-guys to have a go at, so lets have a moan about the back office.

The Lansdown's and Sexstone are doing brilliant, so is the manager and his assistant, so are the players and the fans. Happy days.

It's a simple solution, agree to have a wage cap in the football league. If all clubs agreed to it, every player would have no choice but to accept it. They can choose to leave and find better money abroad if they wish, my guess is 99% of players wouldn't be able to. The clubs do have all the power if they decide to stick together.

It's the same for the bankers, I keep hearing reasons why they must get very well paid, otherwise they will go elswhere, well they wont all be able to go elsewhere as there wont be enough work for them all elsewhere. The clubs need to get a grip of it.

Archived