Euro 2012 Draw

Kid in the Riot

My prefered group:

Seedings for Euro 2012

Pot 1: Spain, Netherlands, Poland*, Ukraine*

Pot 2: Germany, Italy, England, Russia

Pot 3: Croatia, Greece, Portugal, Sweden

Pot 4: Denmark, France, Czech Republic, Republic of Ireland

Just hope we are based in Poland as Ukraine will be a **** to get to...that said good old Ryanair have already doubled the price of their flights to Poland and most other airlines seem to have followed suit.

Would take that.

In fairness there's no easy games in the Euros, so no group will be an easy one I guess.

Would much prefer Ukraine, Greece, ENGLAND, Republic of Ireland. But we'd likely get complacent without an early challenge (Not denigrating those teams) and lose all credibility quicker than Jason Lintern in Burton.

To be fair any group will be hard, and there is a very high possibilty we won't make the 2nd round, hell there is a high possibilituy we may not even win a game!

Nice to se Cappello end on a high and do th eunthinkable, although Brooking is intimating if we do okay he may stay!

I think it'd suit England to have a difficult group; we always get mickey mouse groups in major tournaments and then the players never get going/are too arrogant to play to their best and are then get ambushed by better teams. Give them a tough group ad let them fight from the start. Having said that, I still wouldn't want to face Spain or Germany early doors, but we'd probably have to beat one or the other to get to the final anyway

I think it'd suit England to have a difficult group; we always get mickey mouse groups in major tournaments and then the players never get going/are too arrogant to play to their best and are then get ambushed by better teams. Give them a tough group ad let them fight from the start. Having said that, I still wouldn't want to face Spain or Germany early doors, but we'd probably have to beat one or the other to get to the final anyway

We're certain to avoid the Germans for the group stages at least, they're in our 'pot'.

We always face Sweden at major championships, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us face them again.

We're certain to avoid the Germans for the group stages at least, they're in our 'pot'.

We always face Sweden at major championships, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us face them again.

Oh yeah, it's Holland who're the other top seed. I'd fancy our chances against Holland actually; if you stop Sneijder (easier said than done), you stop Holland plus they're a physical team and we've got a number of players who enjoy that kind of battle. Perhaps Holland, ENGLAND, Sweden, France? No gimmees but every game is highly winnable

Hard a group as possible please...

This will help keep expectations low, which will take the pressure off - instead of having a expectation that we'll win the bloody thing

Thats how i see it too. There is no easy way through to the semis or the final at the Euros, you will have had to have beaten at least 2 top teams to get that far. Just want to see England give a good account of themselves for a change.

Is that 5pm draw,or the start of two hours of bull shit............

Sure to be a little of that. Wonder what legends of the game the Ukraine and Poland will dust off and bring out for the occasion as seems to be the norm for these events. Shevchenko??

Archived