IGNORED

Some Good(Ish) News For The Stadium

Pedrowe

I'm pretty sure its not a case of it may go to a referendum but it will go to one - it's standard procedure I think.

Now if the legal aid challenge is upheld as well....

They will not get anywhere near a JR I've been told. They have been exposed for what they are, Nimbys with very questionable motives.

SL will stop at nothing to get this stadium built. Is it about time the powers that be just aloud it all to happen? I'm pretty sure there are very angry people in government who are furious that badly needed building projects such as this are being to blocked and questioned at every single step of the way by people with frankly nothing better to do than moan. Get a life.

I know its a horrible thing to say but, the worse our economy gets the more likey its going to happen because of the amount of jobs it creates at a time when unemployment is a rcord high

Well when you see announcements like this, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-16003797 - you can only agree. I'm sure there is a steel works desperately awaiting an order for the steelwork of the new stadium..

I know its a horrible thing to say but, the worse our economy gets the more likey its going to happen because of the amount of jobs it creates at a time when unemployment is a rcord high

Exactly. 2 Stadiums being built in this region will do wonders.

Anyone seen this? http://www.bbc.co.uk...ristol-15985631

Surely the £20,000 they have put aside towards the legal costs of a judicial review (a losing battle) would be better spent here?

I wonder if there'd be any mileage in Steve Lansdown offering to buy the woodland on their behal in return for dropping the JR appeal? I would think getting the green light to proceed would be worth £100,000. Not that I particularly think hey'll get anywhere with the appeal of that thy deserve out help....

Anyone seen this? http://www.bbc.co.uk...ristol-15985631

Surely the £20,000 they have put aside towards the legal costs of a judicial review (a losing battle) would be better spent here?

Exactly. Although they have just 25 mins left to find £50k. :ermm: Why wont anyone think of Ian Webb, he's lived there for 50 ys and used to walk his dog and have picnics twice a week, TWICE A WEEK!! Heartless bastar*s!

£20k will just about get the Judge out of bed, try at least £100k for starters on something of this scale. (several transits of paperwork to read through)

I wonder if there'd be any mileage in Steve Lansdown offering to buy the woodland on their behalf in return for dropping the JR appeal? I would think getting the green light to proceed would be worth £100,000. Not that I particularly think he'll get anywhere with the appeal of that thy deserve out help....

Who's to say it's not SL they are bidding against? :whistle:

I can't say i have ever met anyone in my life who picnics "at least twice a week" anywhere! Its this kind of crap thats held up the stadium for so long. Its just one big Nimbyville over there.

And thats just in the woods, he didnt mention in that article the 3 weekly picnics he has on the old landfill aswell.

I wonder if there'd be any mileage in Steve Lansdown offering to buy the woodland on their behal in return for dropping the JR appeal? I would think getting the green light to proceed would be worth £100,000. Not that I particularly think hey'll get anywhere with the appeal of that thy deserve out help....

How about Steve Lansdown buying the woods and IF the judicial review goes against the stadium, he can use the woods to store port-a-loo's that the travellers can use when their camped on his other land at Ashton Vale.

Everyone will be happy! The travellers have a nice open green space to live in, the Long Ashton residents get to keep their woods, and the two sets of people can mingle with each other on a daily basis when the travellers move through LA to do their daily business at the woods :-)

...... :ermm: Why wont anyone think of Ian Webb, he's lived there for 50 ys and used to walk his dog and have picnics twice a week, TWICE A WEEK!! .....

Hmmm, we know a song about this dont we kids???

If you go down to the woods today,

You're sure of a big surprise.

If you go down to the woods today,

You'd better go in disguise.

For every bear that ever there was

Will gather there for certain because

Today's the day the Webb kids have their picnic

Click & Singalong

-

-

Wow That Was Fun! .. We really should picnic on OTIB more often!!!

<ahttp://www.otib.co.uk/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png' alt=':)'>

Archived