IGNORED

Behold The City Mobil!

Red Finesse

How the hell did you find an image that decent to use for the crest?!

Great job though, wouldn't have the nerve to drive around in that though, get nervous enough just with me little kit hanging in the back sometimes when I park in certain towns and cities.

....you do wonder why the owner never bought a red car in the first place though :)

Guest bristolbred
what a fine way to ruin a ford focus!!!!! :laugh::blink::laugh:

How can you ruin a ford??. :laugh::D:laugh:

This has improved it!!. :D

But i'd watch where i'd park it though!!. :)

:laugh::D

That's beautiful...see girls can appreciate cars! And skillful art work.

I think the driver may get mistaken for a player in some sort of sponsors car though. :)

Has anyone seen the Smart car that is 'decorated' with an England paint job, i followed it through Bemmy earlier in the week, that looked quite good, although not as good as this!

How the hell did you find an image that decent to use for the crest?!
Unfortunatly i had to Redraw the badge in a vector format so that the cutter could read it. It took around 2-3 hours to draw up but can now be blown up to any size without pixelating or losing quality!

He's now gave me the go ahead for two crests for either side.

The sign on the bonnet is actually a magnetic, the logo and lettering were cut from vinyl, so he can remove that when he wishes. Although the sunstrip and plates are on there until he gets pulled!

Anyone notice the number plate?? :)

Guest bcfcsols
Unfortunatly i had to Redraw the badge in a vector format so that the cutter could read it. It took around 2-3 hours to draw up but can now be blown up to any size without pixelating or losing quality!

He's now gave me the go ahead for two crests for either side.

The sign on the bonnet is actually a magnetic, the logo and lettering were cut from vinyl, so he can remove that when he wishes. Although the sunstrip and plates are on there until he gets pulled!

Anyone notice the number plate?? :laugh:

Just curious, how do you redraw in vector format? I mean what software do you use and what formation is the final image (*.???). I know all about vinyl cutting due to my Graphics work but I've never known how the drawing side works (sounds the wrong way round!! :):blink: ).

Just curious, how do you redraw in vector format? I mean what software do you use and what formation is the final image (*.???). I know all about vinyl cutting due to my Graphics work but I've never known how the drawing side works (sounds the wrong way round!! :laugh::laugh: ).
Well, i use a program called flexi-sign, a purpose built sign-making package. (About £2000 worth :))

There are many progams that can draw vectors, Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator and in some cases photoshop, though with all the big format printers out there, the main people who benefit from it, are those who chose to cut.

To draw up a vector you have to plot points arount the pixels (or just where you need if your not redrawing a logo!) and bend the lines in between to create curves if needs be. There plenty of various different tools you can use, but it takes alot of time and patience to get right. I use these sort of programs, day in and day out so its almost second nature.......almost :laugh:

Been learning Photoshop for the past 4 Months, totally concept all together! just about getting to grips with it. :blink:

you can get them profesinaly done from a shop, you can completely personalise the style of writting and the look of the plate without the writting on

so on the plate you could have loads of city creast then the writting you could have a shadowed design

Being a signmaker/graphic designer, you often get quirky or strange requests. Only this one i was more than happy to fulfill :laugh:

I give you my friend Daves car...... The City Mobil!!!!!

citymobilcopy.jpg

Now there's dedication (With a little insanity! :))

that is quality!!! where/how did u get the badge on your number plates

Archived