IGNORED

David James

RedM

I'm not slating him, but I really can't work him out...

I've just read a comment on another thread about him having a strop when his first option doesn't work when taking a goal kick, and he just punts it aimlessly upfield.( Well he's not going to change now is he.)

I've noticed this too, he wants to release the ball early but he constantly then changes his mind and signals at the players that the option his no longer there. He then just kicks it anywhere and it really is just pot luck if it gets to our players. This happens every game,surely the players can't be in the wrong position all of the time? Doesn't things like this get addressed in training?

The players in response just stand there in bewilderment with their arms outstretched wondering what they have to do. they have ran into space, waited to recieve the ball then 99% of the time he has cancelled the move, frustrates the hell out of me never mind them.

Of course this could be a 'dummy' move to fool the opposition? Well it fools me, our players and James himself and he doesn't look like he knows the best move half the time!

I'm not against James but if i had to state honestly then i feel we would have been better for him not to have come here but have recruited a keeper with potential from elsewhere, for the longer term future.

I've just read a comment on another thread about him having a strop when his first option doesn't work when taking a goal kick, and he just punts it aimlessly upfield.( Well he's not going to change now is he.)

I've noticed this too, he wants to release the ball early but he constantly then changes his mind and signals at the players that the option his no longer there. He then just kicks it anywhere and it really is just pot luck if it gets to our players. This happens every game,surely the players can't be in the wrong position all of the time? Doesn't things like this get addressed in training?

The players in response just stand there in bewilderment with their arms outstretched wondering what they have to do. they have ran into space, waited to recieve the ball then 99% of the time he has cancelled the move, frustrates the hell out of me never mind them.

Of course this could be a 'dummy' move to fool the opposition? Well it fools me, our players and James himself and he doesn't look like he knows the best move half the time!

I'm not against James but if i had to state honestly then i feel we would have been better for him not to have come here but have recruited a keeper with potential from elsewhere, for the longer term future.

But you are!

Agree with what you say about his distribution, seems that whatever happens regarding the players taking up a position ready to receive the ball he always wants to do something else, then has a mini strop!. I would add that he should be on a lead which only extends to almost the edge of the area as he almost went walkabout again today :facepalm: . Fortunately nothing embarassing came of it.:sweatingbullets:

But you are!

Excuse me, but I'm wondering why he does it. I don't notice it quite in the same volume with the opposition keepers, but maybe thats down to me not watching them in the same way? I must admit I didn't take too much notice of DJ England career, but I didn't notice him doing it then.

Right now i think he and the defence are playing much better as a unit than any defence has ever played under him, they have often looked very nervous of eachother in the past.

Slating? no!

Whilst we are chatting about James was watching the Highlights on TV and i recon James got a touch to that free lick a bit more of a heavier touch and he would have saved it.

Delboy very reserved in his interview i thought.Well im not the ref was nothing more than a ******* cheat

Can't blame James at all for the goal. Unstoppable shot. Textbook free kick by the Boro player.

He did have one of his more wobbly 90 minutes though with one soft shot spilled, a defensive mix-up and that awful mistimed clearance kick where he just toe-poked it to Emnes. facepalm.gif

Can't blame James at all for the goal. Unstoppable shot. Textbook free kick by the Boro player.

DJ seemed to get his hands on the ball, and he might have managed to get enough on it on another day.

I wonder if he knew how hard that player would hit the ball his technigue might have been slightly different - maybe a fist, rather than hands, if he knew it was coming at 80+ mph? I don't know, maybe it's all in the wrist, so to speak.

Certainly credit must go to the boro player for the shot.

No keeper would have got to that? Just a smash and grab victory , and a moment of magic! Play offs atleast I would of thought for city . Keep the faith! Good side great footballing manager!!

Cheers for the comments Boro79.

We'll keep the faith in McInnes, that's for sure.

He's barely started yet but he's already turned BCFC from relegation certainties into a footballing team we can be proud of.

We're not thinking about the play offs at all though, this year it's all about avoiding relegation and building for a serious push next season.

Archived