IGNORED

Let Common Sense Prevail

red colin

I cant understand the negative threads on here. we went into a game where the opposition came with one of the best away records in division, as the pundits on sky were saying all the way through we were evenly matched teams .We are just climbing out of a relegation area and have just beaten the top side comfortably. Lets get real to have beaten the top side and be seen as evenly matched with another top side is as good as it could possibly be right now. With the right decision on the pen and maynard sticking that simple chance in we would be over the moon. so lets be sensible and realise what a great job dels doing ,looking forward to next season when it will be all dels team,with what hes getting out of this lot im quite excited, this year is all about survival NOTHING else

I cant understand the negative threads on here. we went into a game where the opposition came with one of the best away records in division, as the pundits on sky were saying all the way through we were evenly matched teams .We are just climbing out of a relegation area and have just beaten the top side comfortably. Lets get real to have beaten the top side and be seen as evenly matched with another top side is as good as it could possibly be right now. With the right decision on the pen and maynard sticking that simple chance in we would be over the moon. so lets be sensible and realise what a great job dels doing ,looking forward to next season when it will be all dels team,with what hes getting out of this lot im quite excited, this year is all about survival NOTHING else

Adomah & Maynard were effectively shackled - and Kilkenny pushed deeper by Boro midfield. But the real difference was that boro got the breaks (pen decision + free kick), and we need to be a bit more composed in front of goal.

Certainly we deserved a point, but were not better than boro, and I think that level of performance will be good enough against most teams in this division.

Completely agree, 1 loss in 7! We're playing some completely different football now. We beat top of the league last week, middlesborough are 3rd, i mean its not like we've just been smashed 5-2 by Doncaster (that was an awful day). To be fair to them, they had done their homework they did shut maynard and adomah quickly, but go lucky. We still created alot of good chances, some great saves kept us off the score sheet in the first and second half. Getting negative is ridiculous. Like McInnes said there was more right than wrong and the way we played would of been disappointed with 1 point let alone none. Just unlucky today.

IN MCINNES WE TRUST!

Derby here we come!

this year is all about survival NOTHING else

quite agree that there's nothing to be negative about...

...and I was thinking as the match developed that again this is a division where the gap between top and bottom is pretty slender. If Boro are one of the stand-out teams this season then we aren't too far short on our day. I'd be surprised if Derek thought that this season was about survival and nothing else. Survival first...but there could be more than that this season.

The loss was a sickener and the feeling that we were playing 12 men - 10 in black, one in green and one in blue - left a very sour taste.

BUT we battled, people worked hard, there was some lovely moments of skill and we basically held a side still in receipt of umbrella payments and with an excellent reputation on the road. We'd have lost that game 3 or 4-0 under Millen.

So, you're right. Nothing to be negative about.

WTF are you talking about we lost a game so what......

The loss was a sickener and the feeling that we were playing 12 men - 10 in black, one in green and one in blue - left a very sour taste.

BUT we battled, people worked hard, there was some lovely moments of skill and we basically held a side still in receipt of umbrella payments and with an excellent reputation on the road. We'd have lost that game 3 or 4-0 under Millen.

So, you're right. Nothing to be negative about.

Agree totally, at last we have a manager who has so far called everything right and yet again he is correct there are more positives than negatives from that game, however difficult it was to swallow.

If we keep playing like we are we will win more than we lose. I have no worries over this blip, it was just one of those days. We got 2 lucky goals against southampton, although we deserved the result. We missed out on a penalty and conceded a screamer. I reckon we will end up just below the play offs

Archived