IGNORED

Maynard Wants Out!

FanaticRed

Agree with most of that.

Although Lita is a far superior striker to Maynard. Granted Lita isn't the nicest person in the world but I'd have him over Maynard in a heartbeat! Scores headers good on both feet and Lita's movement is much better than Maynards. I actually think Lita trumps Maynard in every way.

I agree lita is a far better all round striker. Shame he is a Dick. Quicker, stronger. Good in the air, good with both feet.

I think NM may be getting ahead of himself. In my opinion there are 2 players ahead of him in the Premier league

stakes, these being Albert and Cole Skuse, not seen these guys trying to drum up self interest. I think NM would be

better served concentrating on banging in the goals week in week out, only then will the top clubs come calling. Albert and Cole

are great examples of letting the performance do the talking.

I think NM may be getting ahead of himself. In my opinion there are 2 players ahead of him in the Premier league

stakes, these being Albert and Cole Skuse, not seen these guys trying to drum up self interest. I think NM would be

better served concentrating on banging in the goals week in week out, only then will the top clubs come calling. Albert and Cole

You gotta be joking me. No wonder he gets called golden boy!

Dont get me wrong he's done wellm but not THAT well!

Yes Cole Skuse. You berate Cole who hardly puts a foot wrong week in week out, his performances of late

are showing us just how good a player he can be, still DJ floats your boat so enough said.

2 big assumptions there!

I dont berate skuse - I think hes a decent player. I also think David James has been very poor this season - but not poor enough to put gerken in.

Maynard and Albert are our two star performers - who will play at a higher level. Cole Skuse aint nowhere near that level (yet) - but thats not me saying he's crap!

Oh and he does make mistakes and certainly was making quite a few at the beginning of the season. Since he's gone to right back, he has definately been alot better.

Apart from being caught out of position early on. Skuse was exceptional on Saturday. Early on I thought Bennett was the best full back on display, but by the end it was clearly Cole. He is better than Orr I reckon, cos he gets higher up the pitch and is a better crosser. Defensively sound too. At this rate he will be Premier League soon.

If i'm honest i think she should test himself with the likes of Rangers/Celtic that sort of level of team like Gary Hooper. I can see him in the prem eventually but Maynard isn't at that standard yet.

Rangers or Celtic? That may have been an option a few years back but the two Glasgow clubs are in dire straights at the moment, the offer of European football wouldn't even tempt me if was Maynard.

Imo he should do the smart thing, move abroad to a decent middle of the road Spanish,German or even French side. Would do him the world of good, then come back in a few years time to the Prem with the valuable experience you gain when you go over-sea's... He won't though as most English players dont have the balls to do it, shame really as it would benifit them much more than a move to some dead beat club like Fulham or Everton.

2 big assumptions there!

I dont berate skuse - I think hes a decent player. I also think David James has been very poor this season - but not poor enough to put gerken in.

Maynard and Albert are our two star performers - who will play at a higher level. Cole Skuse aint nowhere near that level (yet) - but thats not me saying he's crap!

Oh and he does make mistakes and certainly was making quite a few at the beginning of the season. Since he's gone to right back, he has definately been alot better.

That pretty much sums up my opinion of Skuse. Never a fan of his in midfield but looking a decent right back, still a bt inexperienced in the position, but getting better each week and well worth persevering with.

One factor I think helps him a lot is that he plays behind Albert. Albert's perfpormances and reputation mean that the wide midfielder on that side is very often required to help out their left back - which must make life much easier for Skuse. Imagine that JCR was playing right wing - I expect Cole would start to less good, just like poor old Macca last year.

Cole Skuse? Are you pi$$ed??

Decent footballer with a good engine but not Premier League class by a long shot!!!

Are you a relative?

Decent footballer with a good engine but not Premier League class by a long shot!!!

Are you a relative?

It is interesting people say this, because Skuse is the only player that actually has had Premier League interest, from both Reading and Stoke, Which would suggest that the ones that count i.e. the managers see him for what he is.

Rumoured interest or actual concrete interest resulting in an offer?

I am positive the club said that both of these teams had asked about his availability, but they said he wasn't available.

I many be wrong and my mind are playing tricks on me

I am positive the club said that both of these teams had asked about his availability, but they said he wasn't available.

I many be wrong and my mind are playing tricks on me

Fair enough if thats the case. I can remember the sun mentioned Skuse's name with both clubs, but that means pretty much sweet fa to be honest. Thought it was pure paper bullshite and lazy journalism, with former city boss Pulis at Stoke and the agent of Scott Golbournes link at Reading.

Oh well no great loss. We've lost better stikers than him in the past and replaced them.

He very one dimensional in what he does and if hes marked properly he's fairly easy to nullify .

I just him gone now, I'd more than happy for Brett to fill his boots until the summer.

You would like to think so wouldnt you but it looks as though Pitman might be off! shame really, all he needs to do is hold on a little longer and he'll be first choice! this reminds me of the Basso, Weal situation!

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/1348/85/pitman-set-bournemouth-return?

Are you a relative?

Tetotal me. Perhaps you are though on a sat at 3.00pm, just might explain why are unsable to see what a cracking player Cole Skuse realy is.

The quicker Maynard is gone the better, i am sick to death of hearing his name. Rather Pitman up front any day of the week. :clapping:

It's only because everyone on this forum is obsessed by him and his contract........plus the Evening Post is always dreaming up some new angle on a quiet news day.........it's hardly Nicky M's fault, I'm sure he'd rather just get on with playing his football. How can you call yourself a true City fan if you want to be rid of the best striker outside of the Premier League.......................I just don;t get some people....enjoy watching him banging in the goals in a City shirt while you still can..........Mcinnes knows what a quality player he is.............and I'm happy to trust his judgement.

It's only because everyone on this forum is obsessed by him and his contract........plus the Evening Post is always dreaming up some new angle on a quiet news day.........it's hardly Nicky M's fault, I'm sure he'd rather just get on with playing his football. How can you call yourself a true City fan if you want to be rid of the best striker outside of the Premier League.......................I just don;t get some people....enjoy watching him banging in the goals in a City shirt while you still

can..........Mcinnes knows what a quality player he is.............and I'm happy to trust his judgement.

Referring to him as the best striker is purly subjective and your opinion.

I want him gone because he doesn't want to be here. As a Bristol City fan I want players committed to the cause. Not players day dreaming of being elsewhere and using us as a failsafe.

BTW he's not even close to being the best striker in the league. I'm not even sure he's the best striker at Bristol City.

Don't believe the hype!

It is interesting people say this, because Skuse is the only player that actually has had Premier League interest, from both Reading and Stoke, Which would suggest that the ones that count i.e. the managers see him for what he is.

That was a long time ago, when he was a promising youngster. I doubt he's had much premier league interest since he's been a senior member of the squad.

I agree, in my opinion we have one of the best RIGHT BACKS in the leauge.

Its too early to say that - though is he doing very well.

I Sky + the game on Sat he said the same in his interview before the game, he should be saying things like that if he has any ambition on the interview on TV he said he will play in the Prem one day if it is with City time will tell.

With 'City' ....... Maynard is 25 years old he can't wait long enough for us to get back up there

That said 'UP THE CITY'

winner_third_h4h.gif

It's only because everyone on this forum is obsessed by him and his contract........plus the Evening Post is always dreaming up some new angle on a quiet news day.........it's hardly Nicky M's fault, I'm sure he'd rather just get on with playing his football. How can you call yourself a true City fan if you want to be rid of the best striker outside of the Premier League.......................I just don;t get some people....enjoy watching him banging in the goals in a City shirt while you still can..........Mcinnes knows what a quality player he is.............and I'm happy to trust his judgement.

I can call myself a true City fan as i have for the last 42 years, many of those a ST holder. As regards NM i would not base my opinion on anything i read on here because most of it is bulls-it, i base my opinion on watching NM, and i am of the opinion he wants out, and plays when it suits him, be it under Delboy or previous mangers, so my original post on him going ASAP still stands. If he is the best striker outside the premier league i am yet to be convinced, and i never said i dont enjoy watching him score goals, i enjoy any goal city score.

good luck to him. I think he's provided years of good service to us, and clearly sees the future as now else there. Can't resent him for trying to better himself. Would have preferred it if he had acted with a bit more transparency over summer, but this is 21st century football and it's naive to expect anything more.

Archived