IGNORED

Club Shop 'retro Range'

'Orns

As an owner of an original Hirerite shirt purchased in 1990, I must admit I was a bit miffed when I saw these become available, but when I saw them in the flesh and witnessed the poor quality and missing details (badge etc) I wasn't too fussed.

See my sig for what a replica Hirerite shirt looked like in 1990. There were two types of Hirerite shirts used, one with white logo and one with Black, the black was used in the latter part of 1990 when the white was recognised as hard to read through the white double pin stripes. The replica white logo shirts were never available to buy, only black.

:)

Isn't the shirt manufacturer also missing on that range? Wasn't it made by Bukta?

Not too sure about this, but anyone with the original shirt will know, is the Hirerite sponsor on the retro the same material as the original?

Also the robin badge is massive!

I dont see the point of repros unless they are the same

Does any one know where I can get a 1950s shirt in a hurry.Sadly my old man passed away on Monday and I would like one to place on his coffin,bearing in mind the funeral is next Friday.I will other wise get the 1960s shirt.

Ebay? Doubtful but you never know.

Have you tried contacting somebody at the club? They may be able to point you in the direction of somewhere. Alternatively maybe a letter to the EP or any of the other locals? Somebody may have one and be willing to part with it.

Sorry to hear of your news, condolances to you and your family mate.

Does any one know where I can get a 1950s shirt in a hurry.Sadly my old man passed away on Monday and I would like one to place on his coffin,bearing in mind the funeral is next Friday.I will other wise get the 1960s shirt.

http://www.toffs.com/Bristol-City-1955-1956-Home/productinfo/1044/

Condolences to you and your family.

That old pinstripe kit was utterly ace, one of the best ever - didn't Clint from the Inspiral Carpets once get photo'd wearing one?

That's was the promotion kit when God Taylor et al were playing, and we beat Chelsea in

the cup :winner_third_h4h:

No.

He was in a photo short with a top similar to our kit and at the time the fanzine The bounty hunter printed the photo as a bit of the joke.

As an owner of an original Hirerite shirt purchased in 1990, I must admit I was a bit miffed when I saw these become available, but when I saw them in the flesh and witnessed the poor quality and missing details (badge etc) I wasn't too fussed.

See my sig for what a replica Hirerite shirt looked like in 1990. There were two types of Hirerite shirts used, one with white logo and one with Black, the black was used in the latter part of 1990 when the white was recognised as hard to read through the white double pin stripes. The replica white logo shirts were never available to buy, only black.

:)

ah my 1st ever city shirt, brings back good memories! i remember the shorts were of a very shiney material!

just a random question, but when i 1st went down the gate i used too literaly sit on the dugout! i used to tell my mates at school that i sat on Joe Jordans head when watching city play. anyone used to do this?

Archived