IGNORED

Darron Gibson

WellRedPhil

This is an exert from the Man United website today:

"Elsewhere, the Independent claims three Championship clubs are interesting in taking Darron Gibson on loan for the rest of the season. Burnley, Derby County and Bristol City will apparently approach United in January regarding a possible move for the midfielder, who has only made one first-team appearance this season."

I must say this seems slightly strange as I didn't think he'd by the type of player we'd be looking at but you never know. He's had some tough, tough criticism from United fans in the past but I've always thought he's a decent player, just not up to United's high standards. He'd surely be a great asset for anyone playing in this league but it's hard to see us getting him and Kilkenny in the team and as Killa has been so good of late I would be very surprised if we acquired Gibson's services.

Edit: Apologies for the appalling typo in the title, that'll teach me for rushing. If any Mods want to correct the topic name to the correct spelling that would be greatly appreciated.

This is an exert from the Man United website today:

"Elsewhere, the Independent claims three Championship clubs are interesting in taking Darron Gibson on loan for the rest of the season. Burnley, Derby County and Bristol City will apparently approach United in January regarding a possible move for the midfielder, who has only made one first-team appearance this season."

I must say this seems slightly strange as I didn't think he'd by the type of player we'd be looking at but you never know. He's had some tough, tough criticism from United fans in the past but I've always thought he's a decent player, just not up to United's high standards. He'd surely be a great asset for anyone playing in this league but it's hard to see us getting him and Kilkenny in the team and as Killa has been so good of late I would be very surprised if we acquired Gibson's services.

Edit: Apologies for the appalling typo in the title, that'll teach me for rushing. If any Mods want to correct the topic name to the correct spelling that would be greatly appreciated.

I'd be very surprised with Man Yoos current injury and unavailable list that they are letting a central midfielder go out on loan, if Alex Feguson is to be believed they are not buying anuone in January.

Just way out of our league IMO. This guy turned down Premier League clubs at the start of the year. As much hatred as he's got from Utd fans (and rightly so) he's surely surely too good to drop down into the championship.

They accepted a bid in the summer from er Sunderland I think. They don't want him there, but he turned the move down, no idea why.

Premier League clubs have made multi million pound bids for him this season, why on earth would he come here? That's all I'd say on it.

Aye, but it's a loan. It all depends on how long he has on his contract. He might still be harbouring dreams of forcing his way back into SAF's plans and he can't do that in the reserves or permanently transferred away can he?

He is a decent player mind, So I very much doubt he would end up here.. There again, we all said the same about DJ...

For god sake, the pathetic unrealistic rumours have started already and its not even January yet! when will some fans learn! :facepalm:

To be fair, this has now been spouted in 2 different national publications, so while I agree it's highly unlikely, it's probably above the level of 'pathetic, unrealistic rumour'

It's a British newspaper: I imagine half the stuff it prints is pretty much bullshit!!! However, I agree that wen it comes to football, they're not really a 'baseless rumours'-type publication

Too true, Chip.

I think that if he is to drop down to this division then it would be a major coup for any club, making it even more unlikely we would get him regardless of our interest.

Would be very exciting though!

I can't see this one happening, based purely on our location and distance from Manchester

Why not? He moved to Manchester from Derry, so I doubt location would make a difference. The standard of the club he would be willing to join is another argument altogether :)

Why not? He moved to Manchester from Derry, so I doubt location would make a difference. The standard of the club he would be willing to join is another argument altogether :)

Why do we want someone who can't get into a team that are in the Europa league?!!

Because if he's at Burnley or Derby he could probably still stay at his current location near his friends etc. Upping sticks for only half a season into an area you know nothing about is unlikely when you have 2 easier options.

There are of course exceptions (Caulker for instance, but since loaning out, he's stayed around the same region)

Anyway, we are talking about a midfielder for Manchester United. This isn't going to happen

Because if he's at Burnley or Derby he could probably still stay at his current location near his friends etc. Upping sticks for only half a season into an area you know nothing about is unlikely when you have 2 easier options.

There are of course exceptions (Caulker for instance, but since loaning out, he's stayed around the same region)

Anyway, we are talking about a midfielder for Manchester United. This isn't going to happen

With their injury crisis and Fergie saying they won't buy anyone, i'd be surprised to see anyone with first team experience loaned out.

Reminds me a bit of Clayton Blackmore.

OK, he'd moved on from Man.Utd to Middlesbro. by then but he was a big name international moving to City for first team football and it was from further away than Manchester.

You just never know, Gibson might actually want to move well away from the area to really concentrate on his football, he might like the sound of McInnes or BCFC - who knows, there are myriad reasons why a player might sign, or not, for any particular club.

I'd agree with other posters though that United's injuries in midfield make any move extremely unlikely.

Archived