IGNORED

Richard Kingson

TinnionForEngland

We had one...and sold him...his second name rhymed with Penderton.

Henderson had played less than a handful of games for us, possibly had potential, and chose to leave despite our wanting to keep him because he was behind a veteran keeper and another in his mid twenties for a first team slot. We didn't sell him, just got a tiny bit of compo.

Now I don't think Gerken's ever going to be much more than ok backup, so I'd like to see us sign a young keeper who's going to be around a long time and get better and better. Henderson might have fit the bill, also might not - moot point because he's gone.

In any case, I don't think recruiting another veteran helps us much? I'd like someone like Joe Lewis or Scott Loach.

Saw the lad against Yeovil a season or two ago, He was truly outstanding.

wow, one game vs yeovil, i am sure iker casillas is fearing being replaced at Real Madrid now cuz of that.

however, on the other hand, i support the notion of "only playing against what's infront of him"

i would say let's see how they get on against the higher clubs in the fa cup, but they lost 4-1 to swindon in the 2nd round. Smithies did not play.

wow, one game vs yeovil, i am sure iker casillas is fearing being replaced at Real Madrid now cuz of that.

however, on the other hand, i support the notion of "only playing against what's infront of him"

i would say let's see how they get on against the higher clubs in the fa cup, but they lost 4-1 to swindon in the 2nd round. Smithies did not play.

With Huddersfield being my 3rd team (actually 4th now after St Johnstone!) due to me growing up there, I've seen Smithies play a few times in the last couple of years and he looked immense ebb he first came through. Don't know whether it's injuries or mental thing but he does seem to have gone backwards in recent months. Still, it'd be interesting to take a punt on him if we thought we could keep him fit. Sadly, I suspect he's just the next Chris Kirkland....

On the subject of keepers, I wonder if Stockdale at Fulham will be available in January? Just been recalled from Ipswich as Schwarzer got crocked but if no in January perhaps in the summer?

Archived