IGNORED

Little Bit Of Saturday Game Research

Dollymarie

Kick off times  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Having had a couple of games moved recently because of them being on the telly, it got me wondering what peoples feelings are generally about kick off times being moved.

Prem clubs are mostly used to it I should think, but on the other hand i'm sure it annoys others.

Hence me setting up this little poll, and I wondered if people would mind answering the questions.

Feel free to tell me if you think i've missed anything, and I will add it, or have the discussion here.

It doesn't bother me for home games, but if you have to travel away that could become an issue - and whether the day has changed too.

Work and family commitments can have an effect as well, as I have noticed by other people's comments on here.

I do feel sometimes that the game is being governed by that lovely institution 'SKY' and not the FA. It just shows how important tv money is nowadays. Shame really.

Personally, games should only be played on Saturday and Tuesday nights with a kick-off at 3pm and 7:45pm respectively.

All other matches should be played at the same time, so that you know that when your game is over, you've moved up x amount of places in the table.

TV has saturated football too much, every night you can watch a match or some kind. It kind of takes away the anticipation of waiting for the next match.

There's also the issue of unfairness if you're asking clubs to play games in quicker succession compared to other teams as they then getting longer recovery/preparation time.

Maybe I'm too traditional and I never miss home matches, but the rescheduled of matches to fit in with what the TV stations want (and not necessarily what the fans want) takes some of the gloss of following footie.

Having had a couple of games moved recently because of them being on the telly, it got me wondering what peoples feelings are generally about kick off times being moved.

Prem clubs are mostly used to it I should think, but on the other hand i'm sure it annoys others.

Hence me setting up this little poll, and I wondered if people would mind answering the questions.

Feel free to tell me if you think i've missed anything, and I will add it, or have the discussion here.

whats this in aid of? ...what is the purpose of this poll.? are you trying to change something?

Are you just bored and wnated to start a poll?

It does annoy me a little bit, but not to the extent that it would affect whether I would attend... It not the clubs fault after all.

I think that the moving of the Millwall game from bank holiday to the tuesday night (no doubt the police were behind this) is disgusting though. Not only will it massively inconvenience fans (for example my father, a season ticket holder now cannot attend because he was already scheduled to work that night before it was moved, and cant change it) but it now means we dont have any home games over the christmas/new year period which traditionally draws in the biggest crowds of the season. Some clubs have got two of them!

Thats quite a lot of lost revenue there, and I hope the club have kicked up a stink about it.

whats this in aid of? ...what is the purpose of this poll.? are you trying to change something?

Are you just bored and wnated to start a poll?

It's in aid of having a discussion. What's your problem with that?

As you can see, several people have commented and lots of others have voted. I don't see what your issue is. How about you just put me on ignore so you no longer have to read the stuff I write.

Archived