IGNORED

Cole Skuse

fka dagest

I know the Skuse fan club don't like any form of criticism being directed at him at all, but after receiving compliments over recent weeks (myself included) for some decent performances, has anyone been impressed by his form over the last two or three games?

He was at fault for one goal last week and today I thought he was dreadful. He doesn't seem to understand that the role of a right-back is to close down the opposing winger to stop him crossing the ball. Skuse seems to think that standing off the winger and allowing him to pick a cross is doing his job. His positional sense in the second half was all over the place. When he receives the ball he puts his foot on it, dwells on it for what seems like a lifetime before stroking it back to Fontaine. When he did try something else more often than not it seemed to go out of play or to an opposition player. His free-kick back to the half-way line with 5-10 minutes left was unforgivable.

3 weeks ago, I thought he'd finally found his position, but now I'd rather see Ribeiro or Edwards and Skuse back on the bench.

I have been Skuse's biggest critic over the years as I just don't think he is good enough but I do admit he has been better at right back. However he was dreadful today and I'd still rather see a proper right back playing there.

As he appears to be in the plans at the moment though I hope he gets to where he was 2-3 games ago.

Cole didn't have his best game, but we were not at the races today.When teams press and stop us playing we don't seem to have the answer. It goes to show the weakness in our squad when Del had to chuck Marv up front as a targetman last 5 minutes. Personally i would of liked Cisse sat deep with Killkenny pushed forward. It's very difficult for him to dictate the game from deep when away sides have ten behind the ball.

Skuse was particularly, excruciatingly poor.

He couldn't do anything right, the worst performance I've seen from him in any position, ever.

That atrociously unadventurous free kick in the last minute of normal time probably sent a thousand utterly frustrated fans heading for the exits several minutes early.

He's an experienced professional with almost seven seasons behind him now yet that was the performance of a tremulous novice - what the hell was the matter with him?dunno.gif

Skuse was poor today, but as a stop-gap rightback I don't think he's been too bad. I wouldn't want to see him anywhere near the midfield again though.

In fairness to Albert, if he beat the first 2 defenders, he then struggled to beat the third ! Playing another forward would mean teams couldn't stick 3 defenders on him all the time.

Skuse was poor today, but as a stop-gap rightback I don't think he's been too bad. I wouldn't want to see him anywhere near the midfield again though.

In fairness to Albert, if he beat the first 2 defenders, he then struggled to beat the third ! Playing another forward would mean teams couldn't stick 3 defenders on him all the time.

Archived