IGNORED

Albert,s A Wanted Man!

Dolman Block B

It would be ridiculous to sell for 2 million! Regardless of how our finances are, they are not bad enough that we have to quick fire sell our best player for 'so little'.

He's just signed a new 3 year deal which IMO should add 2 million to his value straight away. He's our only real attacking threat, which I think makes him worth about 3-4.

If Fulham make a 6-7 million quid offer, stick a big sell of fee and some sort of International cap bonus for us meaning it could go up to 8-9 million.

We're not going to go bust while SL is in charge and with the 25 players out of contract or whatever it is at the end of the season + hopefully championship TV money + renewed optimism from fans = higher season ticket sales next year + sorted out stadium issues = no money spent of legal fees etc that have been in our last 2 expenses, I think SL will find the losses next year a lot more manageable.

Obviously we are not in sound financial position, but you have to spend money to progress. Selling our best players for £2 million would make our short term finances look a bit better, but won't help us long term.

Fantasy figures. 2-3 million for Albert tops from a Prem side, more from a championship side. If he was an 18 year old kid, you might have a case of 6-7 million. That's not to say a championship club wouldn't pay it for him but a Prem team, no chance. Johnson from Boro was £5m, he was a class above Albert.

Fantasy figures. 2-3 million for Albert tops from a Prem side, more from a championship side. If he was an 18 year old kid, you might have a case of 6-7 million. That's not to say a championship club wouldn't pay it for him but a Prem team, no chance. Johnson from Boro was £5m, he was a class above Albert.

It's not about comparing him to other players. It's about how much he is worth to us. And if you think he's only worth £2 million to us, you must not have seen him play.

It's not about comparing him to other players. It's about how much he is worth to us. And if you think he's only worth £2 million to us, you must not have seen him play.

Adomah is only worth what someone is willing to pay. We're not there just yet. It's relevant comparing him to Johnson, both wide players both championship. Johnson was sold for £5m and was younger and a lot more talented. Alberts a good player, on his day, he can be unplayable, but 6-7 million is fantasy.

Correct, there's no way we will sell for £3m, so nobody will get the opportunity to pay that for him hence valuations like that make no sense whatsoever.

Adomah is only worth what someone is willing to pay. We're not there just yet. It's relevant comparing him to Johnson, both wide players both championship. Johnson was sold for £5m and was younger and a lot more talented. Alberts a good player, on his day, he can be unplayable, but 6-7 million is fantasy.

I do hope that Albert doesn't go but think that an offer or around £3m would and should be taken. Has been very good for us but he's a long way from the finished product, particularly as far as the Prem is concerned - just think about the times he's been up against a good left back and he's struggled sometimes.

If we sold Albert for 2 million, who would we replace him with? We would have to buy another right winger and could buy a cheap, probably a lot worse one or get a quality right winger for what? about 2 million? What would be the point of that? We don't need to sell him and we don't want to sell him, so put a big price tag on him and if anyone is stupid/rich enough to pay it that's fine. If not we keep him.

If we sold Albert for 2 million, who would we replace him with? We would have to buy another right winger and could buy a cheap, probably a lot worse one or get a quality right winger for what? about 2 million? What would be the point of that? We don't need to sell him and we don't want to sell him, so put a big price tag on him and if anyone is stupid/rich enough to pay it that's fine. If not we keep him.

I'm not saying we should sell him, I am saying he is not worth 6-7 million. I am also saying there isn't a Premier league club that would offer 6-7 million.

Never more than £3-4m for Adomah. Whilst on his day he can be a cut above every other player on the pitch, we've unfortunatley seen recently that if the opposition do their homework he can get marked out of games and not given the chance to shine.

That's because we have no other threat. If there was 2 decent strikers and a decent left winger then he wouldn't be marked so tightly.

Thats spot on fella

I honestly believe that Maynard is a done deal in Jan (my view only) and Albert could be on his way as well if anything over 2 miliion is talked about

We bought him for a snip and probably a small sell on percentage to Barnet so the club could make some serious profit form the sell of Albert

If it happens it would be a shame but the club DO need funds

I think the deal with Barnet would give Barnet 200000 more if Albert plays 75 games for City. At the moment I think AA have made 68 games in our club. They want him to stay so they can have their money. Albert seems to be happy in City so I hope and thik he stay. If he goes, price? Dont know, mat the moment AA has not produced so mutch but he is a very good player.

Archived