IGNORED

Snap His Hand Off ?

glynriley

Something certainley isn't right with Nicky this season, not sure what though. I think we all know his head is a bit turned by other clubs and his future but that's no excuse.

Being unsettled about his future is bound to have had an effect.

If it's no excuse he should have been rested before now.

You can't help but feel that at times this season there's been an element of continuing to play him to keep him happy in order to increase the likelihood of him signing his contract. Being dropped certainly wouldn't encourage him to stay.

Conversely there may be a feeling that although City want him to stay he needs to keep starting (however he's playing) to keep him in the shop window.

It's not exactly going to increase his value to the club if potential suitors see he's been benched and Pitman, for example, is seen by the club as our more likely scorer.

What he's needed to do for both his sake, and the club's, is score at a good rate, and whether he's been trying too hard and snatching at chances or whatever, it's simply not been happening enough just at the time all parties needed it to.

So the one on ones he's missed and other half chances prem class strikers would of gobbled up is down to the team and the formation. Maynard takes no responsibility.

Thanks for clearing that up!

I didn't say that

But some of the best strikers in the world miss one on ones during bad spells

I didn't say that

But some of the best strikers in the world miss one on ones during bad spells

He does miss more than he finishes to be fair. Maynard is an instinctive striker, when he has time to think about it he is bloody awful, and has been so for most of his time with us. It is one of the reasons that i don't think he will do so well in the prem. Of course it could also be a reason that he may be a success at the next level.

Archived