IGNORED

19 Shots On Target?!

Kid in the Riot

Is someone taking the p1ss?

We barely tested their 'keeper? I can remember him having to stretch for Marv's effort at the end but what were the other 18?

Just remembered he did make a double save in the second half...but still 16 to go...

First half, talk about all foreplay and no penetration. For all that possession we were still poor in the final third. Maynard's reluctance to get in the box was mystifying, Pitman would have done this much better. Still, we will be persisting with Maynard up top on his own until he leaves judging my Del's post match comments so might as well get used to that one.

We must do a lot better if we are to stay up this season, think Del is dressing up today's performance. We were poor.

The main positive I would say is that at least some foundations are being laid in terms of a passing style of football. We must've had 70% + possession in the first half. It's just a case of bringing in better players more suited to that style of play who can execute the tactics of Del better, hopefully!

We had loads of shots today. Their keeper made quite a few saves. In the first few minutes we had a couple of great chances.

'Great chances'? What were they?

Their keeper made a few saves yes, nothing too strenuous from memory...will await the highlights for confirmation though.

Are blocked shots counted in the stats? that's the only way I could see us having 26 efforts at goal.

Just watched the highlights and we did have many chances. The next couple of days in training should be spent doing shooting practice and learning to put your foot through the ball.

Albert and Maynard particularly guilty of failing to test the 'keeper within close range but the likes of Pearson, Marv and even James Wilson from that well worked free kick need to improve on hitting the target WITH direction and power.

A confident team would've scored 3 or 4 with the chances we had, equally we could've conceded 1 or 2 more goals as well.

And that did look like a penalty on Adomah.

We had loads of chances - the best of which was the double save (the second of which should have been put away) and if we had put a couple away all the talk would have been about how our possession football was superior to their counterattacking. Because they happened to score and we didnt. Everythings wrong- the players, the style of playing, the manager. Actually all that was missing was a true preditory goal scorer, (which Maynard has never been), confidence in front of goal and luck.

Archived