IGNORED

The Team That Del Built

Saintees!

Tonight Saintees had another great result and are punching well above their weight in the SPL. They have changed their manager and had a short bad run in the past few weeks. But this was not a team that Del inherited, it was a team that Del built. I sense fear on this forum and fair enough.....but come on....criticise a manager when he at least has had built half a team amd over at least (minimum)one season. Sandaza and Sheridan are scoring for fun (Sheridan injured, sadly at mo). Saintees have a limited budget but Del has left a very strong unit. Jeez folks....

When you're in our position and your supposed best striker wants away, then negativity will inevitably follow. I don't think too many, if any, are particularly on Del's back though - personally speaking I echo your comments about your own team in that Del needs to get us through this season intact and then we can see him build his own side.

Good to see you guys maintaining your form under Lomas.

Tonight Saintees had another great result and are punching well above their weight in the SPL. They have changed their manager and had a short bad run in the past few weeks. But this was not a team that Del inherited, it was a team that Del built. I sense fear on this forum and fair enough.....but come on....criticise a manager when he at least has had built half a team amd over at least (minimum)one season. Sandaza and Sheridan are scoring for fun (Sheridan injured, sadly at mo). Saintees have a limited budget but Del has left a very strong unit. Jeez folks....

Well said....

Exactly what is needed and I believe the future is bright with Del Boy...

Living up here for past two years, I really miss watching the boys at The Gate... Scottish football is so very poor and watching a poor old firm game tonight shows that the level is Championship at best... And Del was nearly at reach with the big two... Which defo bodes well for us.

What rumours of Del raiding his old club for Sandaza and Davidson..?

welcome to the madness that is OTIB, some of the most delusional posters ever

He has it all to do,just keeping us in the division on present form with be remarkable.

He has to find a way of getting us goals.

At present that looks a million miles away.

Correct. And how many players will that take? a new striker alone won't do it. I think you might be looking at 4 or 5 players min. And when will that happen? Or how long might that take?

We may well have to go down, to be honest i would rather watch us under del in the 3rd tier, we lots of fresh faces in, who wanna be at this club and playing his system. Not a load of over paid poor left overs

Personally, think (and hope!)you will stay up, will be better nest season and ready to kick on the next.

Not the end of the world if we do. We have spent many years serving up lower division football. But here's hoping.

Of course it doesn't have to be the end of the world - look at Norwich.

An at least equally bleak prospect is to be struggling in this division and facing fixtures like this Friday's with little to look forward to other than keeping the oppositions' tally down.

At least one league lower we would have the genuine prospect of goals, entertainment, and winning, and reading this forum there's little doubt there's only so many seasons of Championship struggle that Bristol City fans will retain enthusiasm to watch.

Del has got a very unenviable task in January, he simply has to make 3 absolutely superb season changing signings to rejuvenate the squad to maintain our status.

The OP should be reassured City fans are in the main content we've got the right man long term whether he can sign those vital players and lead the club to safety this season, or not.

If we HAVE to go down to finally sort out the accumulated squad problems of the last couple of years, so be it. Let's hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does I'm confident we have the right manager in place to regain Championship football quickly, and with some style, and be a much stronger club in a couple of years time.

Saintees, I think at every club there are always a few fickle fans. I'm pretty sure the vast (silent) majority though appreciate that we have inherited (sorry nicked!) a potentially great manager from you. I see in him (and the doc) rare managerial qualities that we haven't had for a long, long time and are extremely fortunate to have now. He must be given time. He's got the ability to deliver over time and that means not even judging him next season but the season after although I suspect next season will be decent.

At the end of this season about 20 players will be out of contract and that will be the true test as it's an early opportunity to show that he is not just a good man manager but can do well in the transfer market. He's quite lucky with the contract situation as it allows him to put his own stamp on the team for next season. I am sure he's already preparing for that meticulously. He's a winner and I am confident he will keep us up but even if he didn't then I want this managerial team to be here a long time. They are a breath of fresh air and a small run of poor results is completely irrelevant in making that judgement. Every fan I know shares that view. Any odd ball who holds a different view is of course entitled to express it but the majority, silent or otherwise, will perceive them as idiots with a capital I.

I wonder if Sandaza can score for fun in the Championship! Probably not as creativity and goals from midfield is a greater priority than a striker.

Saintees, I think at every club there are always a few fickle fans. I'm pretty sure the vast (silent) majority though appreciate that we have inherited (sorry nicked!) a potentially great manager from you. I see in him (and the doc) rare managerial qualities that we haven't had for a long, long time and are extremely fortunate to have now. He must be given time. He's got the ability to deliver over time and that means not even judging him next season but the season after although I suspect next season will be decent.

At the end of this season about 20 players will be out of contract and that will be the true test as it's an early opportunity to show that he is not just a good man manager but can do well in the transfer market. He's quite lucky with the contract situation as it allows him to put his own stamp on the team for next season. I am sure he's already preparing for that meticulously. He's a winner and I am confident he will keep us up but even if he didn't then I want this managerial team to be here a long time. They are a breath of fresh air and a small run of poor results is completely irrelevant in making that judgement. Every fan I know shares that view. Any odd ball who holds a different view is of course entitled to express it but the majority, silent or otherwise, will perceive them as idiots with a capital I.

I wonder if Sandaza can score for fun in the Championship! Probably not as creativity and goals from midfield is a greater priority than a striker.

Good on you guys. All the very best and hope it does work out. Del will give you 100%.

When you're in our position and your supposed best striker wants away, then negativity will inevitably follow. I don't think too many, if any, are particularly on Del's back though - personally speaking I echo your comments about your own team in that Del needs to get us through this season intact and then we can see him build his own side.

I agree with the above. A few eyebrows might be raised at some decisions, but I think the vast, vast majority of City fans support Derek and believe that he will build an exciting team here.

Good on you guys. All the very best and hope it does work out. Del will give you 100%.

Thanks for your words of support. Wishing you and your team all the best for the rest of the season. Any supporter with half a brain can see what we have an excellent manager who will sort out this mess we have got our selves into. Once we have the players that do the same, have the skill to play and understand his tactics and he crafts his team here, anything is possible!

Got a feeling that this season may be too much to ask DM to keep us from the drop. Due to past management appointments, the players they signed, and greedy over paid players sitting around collecting large pay checks.

But we have had a taste of what he can do, and i am looking forward to more of it too come :-)

We all know he is the right man, no doubt. He does however need to find a way for us to score goals, pretty quicky too.

Surely we have the players available to action some goal scoring tactics from our new manager.

Maybe it's time to play a 'bit more open' (4-4-2) and out score a few teams, instead of trying to tighten things up and hoping we can nick a win (which has backfired in the last 4/5 games) in a 4-5-1.

He has it all to do,just keeping us in the division on present form with be remarkable.

He has to find a way of getting us goals.

At present that looks a million miles away.

middlesborough good performance

derby ...great goal .

forest....good second half

coventry...could hardly say we didnt look like scoring.

15 points from 11 games with a positive goal difference

bar the birmingham game nobody has beaten us by more than the odd goal.

COMPARED TO WHAT WAS HAPPENING BEFORE delboy is doing fine. We definitely dont look like we're a million miles from goals. I could understand this pessimism if we werent creating chances, but we're creating shed loads.

This team ran rings around southampton the other week .........we got them again friday . Weve just got to find that extra yard again. thats down to motivation.

Well said....

Exactly what is needed and I believe the future is bright with Del Boy...

Living up here for past two years, I really miss watching the boys at The Gate... Scottish football is so very poor and watching a poor old firm game tonight shows that the level is Championship at best... And Del was nearly at reach with the big two... Which defo bodes well for us.

What rumours of Del raiding his old club for Sandaza and Davidson..?

My link

middlesborough good performance

derby ...great goal .

forest....good second half

coventry...could hardly say we didnt look like scoring.

15 points from 11 games with a positive goal difference

bar the birmingham game nobody has beaten us by more than the odd goal.

COMPARED TO WHAT WAS HAPPENING BEFORE delboy is doing fine. We definitely dont look like we're a million miles from goals. I could understand this pessimism if we werent creating chances, but we're creating shed loads.

This team ran rings around southampton the other week .........we got them again friday . Weve just got to find that extra yard again. thats down to motivation.

I would love a performance like the last Southampton game,I think tomorrow night we are in for another defeat unless Del has something up his sleeve.

Can we win,yes if the team shows up that played Southampton of the park at our place.:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: ,

Of course there are many who are. It is pointless to lose any trust in Del.

The OP talks sense.

Even more pointless are these people saying we need this, we need that...

What on earth do they put in the water in Perth? You're all great guys!!

Like others, I'm now looking out for the St. Johnstone results. We're now only 16 points off second place. winner_third_h4h.gif

Great post mate! In Del's defense He inherited a huge squad on big wages and the majority are not championship players! We are very lucky to have Del, and for Him to have got us to the position we are in now in itself is progress.

Even though we have been on a bad run I think for anyone to criticize Him now would be ridiculous! This isn't even His team!! I trust Del and even though its early days I am delighted with the appointment! If He can shift some of the dead wood out in jan then great, but it's not going to be His team until He decides who can go in the summer!

I have watched St Johnston twice on TV since we have been linked with Davidson and Sandaza! Davidson did not impress me, Sandaza however could be useful although I wouldn't say He is a powerhouse striker! Either way I look forward to what happens in jan!

Totally agree with this.

I think Del has a very unenviable task at the moment, he's inherited some real rubbish from the previous couple of managers and needs to get rid of a lot of them before he can really build his own side. He's inherited a team that has turned out consistently poor performances for the last 3 seasons and some woeful signings from the previous 2 incumbents (Woolford, Stewart, Hunt, Taylor).

I fear we will be relegated this season, which will be exactly what we deserve for mismanagement and the disastrous appointment of Keith Millen. None of this is McInnes' fault, he is burdened with what he has at the moment, and I don't expect him to receive the necessary backing to turn us around until we can ship out the deadwood in the summer. If he can pull a rabbit or two out of the hat in Jan then he might just keep us up - though it is a tall order. We may have to suffer relegation for us to be reborn again.

I am fully behind the manager, even if we go down. I think he's the right man for the job and will build something really positive here given time.

Whatever happens McInnes must be given time. When Coppell was appointed people were prepared to give him three seasons to get us going. Hopefully people also will not read to much in for example signing a big front man. It's probably not McInnes prefered move but the one he finds is most appropriate besides bringing on a centre back to make a change before the big summer release

Archived