IGNORED

Southampton Parking

madmax

Anyone have any suggestions where to park for Southampton on Friday please? I will probably drive down on the day as I finish work around 1pm so will give me loads of time. Someone suggested the park and ride but then realised it was an evening kick off so it may be shut. I'm taking my 7 year old so taking a train isn't an option.

Cheers folks.

MM

Anyone have any suggestions where to park for Southampton on Friday please? I will probably drive down on the day as I finish work around 1pm so will give me loads of time. Someone suggested the park and ride but then realised it was an evening kick off so it may be shut. I'm taking my 7 year old so taking a train isn't an option.

Cheers folks.

MM

Park and Ride is the best option. It will be open on Friday night, normally 2 hours before kick off and is mainly for away fans. Easy to access, less than half a mile from J8 M27. Used it last time, good service, takes about 20 mins, but after the match, they close the roads to clear the pedestrians prior to letting the buses go. Not really a problem to be honest, and the City Centre is a nightmare to get stuck in.

Follow the signs for Ocean Village (it's a yacht marina plus an overpriced mall) and park there. I think there are charges at all times, but it wont be as congested as the City centre car parks. You walk past the Itchen Bridge and along a road called Marine Parade.

St Mary's is about 10 minutes walk. About as far as parking in Aldi's in North St and walking to the Gate.

Parking

I dont know if you have read this website already, there is some useful information on there told by some other away fans. Sounds like the city central car parks are very busy after the game. whatever you decide it looks like you got up to a 20 minute walk.

looks like a good following is going and its pay on the day now as well.

Park by the railway station have always got away well from there

I went by train a few years back and it was a fair distance and I will have my 7 year old with me so hoping to get a bit closer and the other side of the shopping centre. The one by the M27 sounds perfect.

MM

Archived