IGNORED

Maynard

Tins

As long as Maynard is here, sides are going to pay attention to him and Albert as the players to stop, which should open options to other players, McInnes has said as long as he shows the desire he has shown in training he will keep picking him, Leicester & West Ham have both gone in for strikers neither of them being Maynard, would not surprise me one bit if he is here until at least the last week in Jan.

Still not scored,but hey the result is more important than Maynard.

The result is brilliant and although I would have preferred Pitman to have played, it was clear from the radio commentary that everyone played their part, including Maynard, in an excellent performance.

Also It seems he was very unlucky to have a perfectly good goal disallowed, which had it stood would have helped his confidence.

Here's hoping that he gets at least one on Tues as I'm sure he will keep his place.

I have been critical of Maynard but as far as I'm concerned, he showed good anticipation to get there ahead of the defender, got his shot on target and Pearson smashed in the rebound. That's an assist in my book. Hopefully he can kick on from here and get a few goals.

Every time I've seen Maynard this season (I've not seen that many games, mind, due to being based in London, so I could have just seen one side of it) his workrate's been excellent, even when the end products not been there. I get why people are hacked off and I'm sad he's going but I've not seen anything in any game to make me doubt how hard he's trying for the club whilst he's here.

The result is brilliant and although I would have preferred Pitman to have played, it was clear from the radio commentary that everyone played their part, including Maynard, in an excellent performance.

Also It seems he was very unlucky to have a perfectly good goal disallowed, which had it stood would have helped his confidence.

Here's hoping that he gets at least one on Tues as I'm sure he will keep his place.

Pitman is not is the same standard as Maynard, his wor rate last night and the finish for the goal was fantastic.

To some of you that boo him you are a dsigrace. This is the mans job , he doesn't support Bristol City it is his career.

Last night he put in 110% as did all of the players, it was a wonderful occasion and lets hope for a few more before Nicky leaves.

Prefer Pitman, please do me a favour, if / when Nicky goes a replacement will be bought, his Derek had faith in Pitman he would be playing by now.

That still clearly shows the last defender playing him on by at least 3ft....how the hell can we have amateurs deciding such matches ? The lino was in the ideal position looking across the line, it happens so many times, and ruins the ideal goal with the perfect pass and timed run being scratched for offside...disgrace.

Agree, that's not even close to being offside, what a terrible decision (again)

Standards of officiating in this country are terrible. In this instance the Linesman (assistant referee my arse) has made something up. He should only be raising his flag if he knows it's off. He is not paid to guess.

Prefer Pitman, please do me a favour, if / when Nicky goes a replacement will be bought, his Derek had faith in Pitman he would be playing by now.

If it's ok with you I'll prefer who I want, so count me out of any favour doing. :laughcont:

Never have been that impressed with NM regarding his all round ability as a striker, though he has scored some fantastic goals and had one prolific season.

Glad he did well and I hope he plays a blinder every time he's picked, but as I'm a paying punter who is entitled to an opinion, whether it's right or wrong,

I still prefer Pitman :whistle2:

Agree, that's not even close to being offside, what a terrible decision (again)

Standards of officiating in this country are terrible. In this instance the Linesman (assistant referee my arse) has made something up. He should only be raising his flag if he knows it's off. He is not paid to guess.

To be fair the linesman is paid to make a judgement, and if he is unsure you have to go with the defence.

Its better not to give a goal, than give one which was offside.

In hindsight it is easy to look at a still and say well clearly Maynard is onside, however with the tempo of the game, crowd noise, other things happening around him, it is not so easy then.

To be fair the linesman is paid to make a judgement, and if he is unsure you have to go with the defence.

Its better not to give a goal, than give one which was offside.

In hindsight it is easy to look at a still and say well clearly Maynard is onside, however with the tempo of the game, crowd noise, other things happening around him, it is not so easy then.

No, The rules are the benefit of the doubt goes with the attacking side.

I would tend to agree with this. Looks easy when we have a still of the game but the game isn't played in slow motion. People love slagging off officials and saying the standards are going down - they have no idea how tough it is, especially when decisions can be viewed time and time again after by many different angles.

I would tend to agree with this. Looks easy when we have a still of the game but the game isn't played in slow motion. People love slagging off officials and saying the standards are going down - they have no idea how tough it is, especially when decisions can be viewed time and time again after by many different angles.

I would say standards are staying the same, just players are getting quicker, fitter, more skills, better at diving/playing for a decision etc.

should've scored the rebound that led to pearson's goal to be fair ... being ultra critical but shows he isn't a poacher

Despite scoring what looked a perfectly good "poachers" goal that was ruled offside?

It was a superb save by Davies from his rebound, but dont let facts get in the way of a good dig at Nicky innocent06.gif

Nicky ran his socks off, though he didnt really get the ball to feet much

Archived