IGNORED

Southampton - Thank You.

leylandsroad

Going to St Mary's last night really does go to show why we need a new stadium. It was fantastic.

We had to be at the ground at 5:30 as my friends sons were mascots and I just want to say how well they treated us and that the boys had the time of their lives.

The City players were great with them and signed all the autographs and had the pictures taken and it is a night they'll never forget. David James wrote a special message in their autograph books and is a footballing legend.

For those of you with kids write into David Lloyd and see what away games are available, we did it last summer and picked last night, believe me the whole occasion was brilliant and capped of with a fantastic result.

It has made the boys christmas. :clapping:

Delighted that your kids had such an enjoyable experience and also must highlight your point regarding David James. According to one or two posters on this forum James is a sponger, an aloof figure with no interest in the kids who support our club and an all round bastard.

You are completely right, he is a legend of the game. I for one hope he completes his 1000th match in with the crest of my club on his shirt.

Going to St Mary's last night really does go to show why we need a new stadium. It was fantastic.

We had to be at the ground at 5:30 as my friends sons were mascots and I just want to say how well they treated us and that the boys had the time of their lives.

The City players were great with them and signed all the autographs and had the pictures taken and it is a night they'll never forget. David James wrote a special message in their autograph books and is a footballing legend.

For those of you with kids write into David Lloyd and see what away games are available, we did it last summer and picked last night, believe me the whole occasion was brilliant and capped of with a fantastic result.

It has made the boys christmas. :clapping:

We do need a new ground but I am so glad it's not going to be a dull plastic bowl like Saint Marys is

I actually was really impressed with Saint Marys. The Saints fans created a terrific atmosphere, much better than any of the other clubs with new grounds that I've been to(Baadiff, Coventry etc). Granted they sang the same songs over and over again (Oh when the Saints, and red and white) but hard as away supporters to outsing them when in full flow on either of those songs.

The music before the game and at half time was much better than anything played at Ashton Gate, pretty quick to get a beer and food (with two bars and two kiosks open), and everything seemed to be run in a professional manner. Fantastic attendance too (30000+) in a city a lot smaller than Bristol. This is what the aim is with the new stadium in my opinion. Try to run the club a lot more professionally, improve the team, be challenging towards the top end of the championship and attracting a lot more fans than we do at Ashton Gate at present!

Anyway..it's not the done thing to be too complimentary to the opposition!! Glad that we completely outplayed them on the pitch. Fantastic performance from Louis Carey and David James, can't knock Nicky's actual effort on the pitch yesterday(though could've been more clinical), and hats off to Mcinnes for his team selection last night. I'll admit that before the game I thought we'd struggle with so many defensive players, but Skuse, Elliot and Cisse played a lot better together than I expected. Then he went for it a bit more towards the end with Kilkenny coming on, and it paid off!

Absolutely buzzing today after last night and so proud of the effort from all-the players and fans. Hopefully we'll make some nice additions in January and start to push up the table. If only we could perform like the Saints games every week! Bring on the Millwall-absolutely massive game!

Archived