IGNORED

Why Are They Called The Gas?

Saintees!

Not only was it next to a gas works, you could always smell gas when you were in the ground (normally only once or twice a year at most, fortunately).

For many years, whenever I smelt gas I always had a throwback (or maybe should have been a throw-up!) to Eastville.

:gasmask:

Not only was it next to a gas works, you could always smell gas when you were in the ground (normally only once or twice a year at most, fortunately).

For many years, whenever I smelt gas I always had a throwback (or maybe should have been a throw-up!) to Eastville.

:gasmask:

The gas work employees used to complain about the smell but were told it was only for 2 days a week, apparently the football club and fans were very sensitive so the Gas Works just endured it so as not to create ill feelings.

One can only imagine how horrible the smell was!

Oh christ yeah. And they took on the micky take name not as irony but as a genuine nickname they love. Idiots. Also their club song, if you can call it that, is about a bloke whos about to commit suicide as hes started to feel guilty about being a peadophile.

Can you see what we have to put up with. As danny baker once said, 'bristol rovers, the most pointless club in the football league'

the first time they were called the gas it was during a Glouster cup final the flood light failed and we were singing Megson Megson (Don gas manager dad of Gary Megson Sheff W manager)turn on the gas taking the p out of them. The thicko's thought from then on called them selves the gas.

the first time they were called the gas it was during a Glouster cup final the flood light failed and we were singing Megson Megson (Don gas manager dad of Gary Megson Sheff W manager)turn on the gas taking the p out of them. The thicko's thought from then on called them selves the gas.

I can remember them singing it to Bert Tann....probably before your time.

Their ground backed onto a Gas works. The smell of Gas used to waft down across the ground. As the blue few used to huddle together,playing pocket billiards, this left exposed their shoulders from the neck up.The smell of the Gas would then attach itself to their scarf, hair or their wolly bobble hats. Making their HEADS SMELL OF GAS. Anyone who was unfortunate to get on a bus that passed Eastville dog track after a gas game had just finished can tell you that they could Smell which ones had been to the game just by the smell of gas which seemed to stick like Dog Muck to their haeds. Hence the name Gas Head. For many years they didnt like the nick-name,but now the less educated blue inbreds seem quiet proud to be known as Smelly Puke. The Gas even planted flowers behind the goals to help with the smell, but that didnt help. Partly because what they saw On the pitch matched what they smelt off the pitch as well.

:dancing6:

Archived