IGNORED

Karma Is A Bi*ch! Take Note Fellow City Fans....

Andy082005

I've noticed more and more Rovers threads cropping up on this forum in recent weeks, and dont get me wrong, I myself find their demise amusing. Even more so after how confident they were pre-season.

I would like to bring to everyones attention though it was only 12 months ago Sagheads and Swindle fans were setting up facebook groups about "Bristol City end of season relegation party" etc, and their forums were littered with threads about us heading down the pan. We all know how last season panned out..

Were still in deep trouble ourselves and as my title suggests, karma can e a real bitch at times. All our bragging and taking the pi*s could all so easily come back to bite us on the ass come the end of the season.

Anyway, lets hope not, and heres to 3 points tonight against Millwall! COYR!! :englandsmile4wf:

I've noticed more and more Rovers threads cropping up on this forum in recent weeks, and dont get me wrong, I myself find their demise amusing. Even more so after how confident they were pre-season.

I would like to bring to everyones attention though it was only 12 months ago Sagheads and Swindle fans were setting up facebook groups about "Bristol City end of season relegation party" etc, and their forums were littered with threads about us heading down the pan. We all know how last season panned out..

Were still in deep trouble ourselves and as my title suggests, karma can e a real bitch at times. All our bragging and taking the pi*s could all so easily come back to bite us on the ass come the end of the season.

Anyway, lets hope not, and heres to 3 points tonight against Millwall! COYR!! :englandsmile4wf:

I agree and that is why I haven't got involved in those types of threads.

He who laughs last and all that.

In reality they will probably be okay because thd bottom two are SO bad. We are in a real dog fight and have a much tougher task on our hands with all the teams in the relegation battle capable of beating anyone on their day.

I said this on another thread yesterday but I find it hard to take too much pleasure in Rovers' troubles 'cos it just makes the rivalry between the two clubs less healthy and interesting by the year. I got into football in the 1989/1990 season and, whilst in the end we got the mickey taken out of us mercilessly by the Rovers fans in my school 'cos they pipped us to the title, the atmosphere was superb 'cos there were frequent derbies and there was genuine scope for debate over who had the better team. And that made winning derbies really satisfying.

When you're two divisions apart and the smaller team are utterly out of sorts and don't look like coming back any time soon, it makes for a rubbish rivalry. It seems silly trying to tease Rovers fans over us having the better side 'cos it's quite clear from the league positions we do and it doesn't really need stating and it seems even sillier when Rovers fans try to mock us because it's quite clear they're the weaker side.

Don't get me wrong - I want us to do better than Rovers and beat them when we play them but I also want us to first of all actually play them and have a genuine sense of anticipation to the game in that we don't know who'll come out on top. The worse Rovers do, the less chance there is of derbies happening and the less exciting the rivalry is between the two clubs. I obviously don't want us down where they are so I'd love to see Rovers turn things around, get a couple of promotions and actually really push us close for footballing supremacy in the city again - as long as we still come out on top obviously! It'd get the city buzzing about football again, improve attendances and push us on to do well 'cos of the imperative to not fall behind them in the league...

I agree with you Andy in the same way that a smoker would agree that smoking is bad for you whilst sparking up another fag.

Lovely fags mmmmmmm

Like fags, taking the piss out of the Gas goes well with booze and coffee and there is nothing like that first piss take of the day or that piss take after a big meal. I need GPTRT (Gas Piss Take Replacement Therapy) to get me through it or maybe I could just have ONE fag to take the edge off.

Anyway....

As long as we dont start comparing ourselves to a European footballing giant or start cocky 'oh yes' threads I think we are on reasonably safe ground as far as taking the piss out of their current situation.

Football is swings and roundabouts and one day, its not a nice thought, the tables may turn and you can guarentee they will take the piss out of us irrespective of whether we have done it to them or not.

Its all banter though just keep your fingers crossed.

Bollocks to that - I'm loving their demise and I'll milk every minute of it. Even if we went down, exactly what could a Relegation to the Conference threatened supporter say to me that could possibly hold any credibilty?

What's a rivalry for if it's not to take the piss at every opportunity? I'd kick myself if I let this opportunity go!!

Thats quite intersting because Ive been to Swindon quite a lot recently as my aging Dad is an ardent Swindon fan...I have a lot of friends who are Swindon fans and they doent generally get too involved in City issues..not withstanding the fact that City are in a higher division their vitriol is usually directed towards Oxford United and they couldnt really give two hoots about BC or the Gas....You will always have have one or two cast in the die City supporters who are alien any club other than City but they are not really football supporters as such just follow a club as a badge. Its a subdued territorial, almost subconcious animalistic instinct to run in a pack and attack other packs different to yours.

I went to Swindons... Wimbledon game ( and very good it was too ) and sat in the middle of several hundred Town fans wearing my City Scarf ( just to keep warm) and had only compliments from many after the performance against the Saints.. However get those same fans alone in the study at home on the keyboard and Dr Jekel suddenly comes to the fore along with the hate that comes with him...

Supporting a football club is rather like being in the IRA or other sectarian organisation..you are anti anyone different because its hereditory, indemic and you have it washed into your brain from an early age...." my dad hated the gas and so did my grandad so I must do too" thats what being a city supporter is all about isnt it ???

Doesnt stack up for me ...Football is football...I would love to see all our local sides doing well not just Swindon and Cheltenham...

Bollocks to that - I'm loving their demise and I'll milk every minute of it. Even if we went down, exactly what could a Relegation to the Conference threatened supporter say to me that could possibly hold any credibilty?

What's a rivalry for if it's not to take the piss at every opportunity? I'd kick myself if I let this opportunity go!!

You need a hobby mate :D

IF they went down to the conference, and thats a very big if at the moment, i'd rip the shite of them at every opportunity. But if they end up being okay,which is very likely and we end up going down, which IMO is more likely, you're gonna get it shoved back down your throat by the spadeload.

Show some patience it will be worth it in the long run.

Archived