IGNORED

Carey

_Bristol-City_

Carey, a good defender? Whatever next!

Put he out to pasture, get him of the wage bill, he is a sado, taking up a young players spot, he lost it years ago, no room for sentiment.

of course these two games will only put off the witch hunt until he has 1 bad game then he will be sh1te again and no longer fit to wear the city shirt, let alone the captains armband!

Man of the Match???

Average at best, thought he done well in the air, especially in the second half when the wind was against us, other than that, nothing special

Best positional sense of the back 4, made the most successful runs from defence, got in several absolutely crucial tackles and made them cleanly in what could have been very dangerous positions, made a number of superb passes up the field, beat their tall striker in the air a number of times, basically didn't put a foot wrong.

But other than that, no 'nothing special'. What would be special, him to have scored a hatrick? banghead.gif

Best positional sense of the back 4, made the most successful runs from defence, got in several absolutely crucial tackles and made them cleanly in what could have been very dangerous positions, made a number of superb passes up the field, beat their tall striker in the air a number of times, basically didn't put a foot wrong.

But other than that, no 'nothing special'. What would be special, him to have scored a hatrick? banghead.gif

Sorry, but at times he did look a little dodgy at times. One ball over the top he missed judged and it hit some part of his body and almost let in a millwall player.

Dont get me wrong - he did well enough and we were defensively sound. But he was nowhere near man of the match or how you described him!

Sorry, but at times he did look a little dodgy at times. One ball over the top he missed judged and it hit some part of his body and almost let in a millwall player.

Dont get me wrong - he did well enough and we were defensively sound. But he was nowhere near man of the match or how you described him!

I can't recall that moment, but I think highlighting one transgression over 94 minutes shows that he was the pick of the defence. and had a very good game.

Nyatanga, by contrast, was arguably the worst player on the pitch. I got the heebeegeebees every time he had to do the simplest thing. If he was carrying a virus, as has been said elsewhere, then Wilson should have started ahead of him.

A new fit, strong and well organised Carey. People thought he was finished but in the same boat as David James they keep playing amazing keep them in! Chatting to James last night with other fans he is loving every minute playing for us and the team have great confidence going into each game.

I've said previously Carey was my man of the match, but by no means did he have a brilliant performance, but no one really had a very good game, and like i said as well previously only 3 or 4 players came off the pitch looking any good, the rest having poor games for their standards.

2 games back, 2 clean sheets. Anyone who said he shouldn't have been offered one more year is looking wrong by those performances. Shame he has been injured really.

But in his 2 previous performances earlier this season we conceded eight.whistle.gif

Everyone knows Louis is CAPABLE of playing well, but he's not consistent any more and he will be left for dead, or even end up getting sent off, against a forward with pace.

Mostly composed and competitive last night but let's not completely disregard the fact he was a central part of a defence which was in disarray and could easily have conceded 4 goals in the first half.

It could have turned into another Doncaster or even Cardiff, 2 performances he personally will definitely want to forget.

Well played on the whole last night but neither he, nor probably Nyatanga, are the answer - we almost certainly need 2 new centre backs if Del doesn't trust Wilson.

As for 'shame he's been injured', well unfortunately his injuries are far more longstanding these days due to age but Carey is only filling in anyway due to Fontaine's injury, he was never going to be a first choice this season.

But in his 2 previous performances earlier this season we conceded eight.whistle.gif

Hardly his fault we conceded eight - we had 10 other players on the pitch - including James; Nyatanga; McGivern; Wilson; Spence and Gerken.

He actually was one of the few people who didn't disgrace themselves in the Blackpool farrago.

Everyone knows Louis is CAPABLE of playing well, but he's not consistent any more and he will be left for dead, or even end up getting sent off, against a forward with pace.

Mostly composed and competitive last night but let's not completely disregard the fact he was a central part of a defence which was in disarray and could easily have conceded 4 goals in the first half.

It could have turned into another Doncaster or even Cardiff, 2 performances he personally will definitely want to forget.

Well played on the whole last night but neither he, nor probably Nyatanga, are the answer - we almost certainly need 2 new centre backs if Del doesn't trust Wilson.

As for 'shame he's been injured', well unfortunately his injuries are far more longstanding these days due to age but Carey is only filling in anyway due to Fontaine's injury, he was never going to be a first choice this season.

Gary Cahill is playing in a defence shipping goals like there's no tomorrow and is about to sign a deal at Chelsea, you can look beyond a back four for individual performances. Carey had a solid game last night and given how 4-5 years ago he was infamous for his hoofing, it's admirable how he has cut that out of his game so completely. I'd like to see anyone knock him out of the side if he keeps playing like last night.

Carey, a good defender? Whatever next!

Put he out to pasture, get him of the wage bill, he is a sado, taking up a young players spot, he lost it years ago, no room for sentiment.

of course these two games will only put off the witch hunt until he has 1 bad game then he will be sh1te again and no longer fit to wear the city shirt, let alone the captains armband!

shut up. :facepalm:

Hardly his fault we conceded eight - we had 10 other players on the pitch - including James; Nyatanga; McGivern; Wilson; Spence and Gerken.

He actually was one of the few people who didn't disgrace themselves in the Blackpool farrago.

I obviously didn't say didn't say it was entirely his fault we conceded eight goals in those 2 games, but the fact remains that with Carey amongst our defenders, that's what happened.

Despite what you say he certainly didn't cover himself with glory and there is no reason whatsoever why he should be picked out to be absolved of all responsibility.

He is not beyond criticism, or certainly shouldn't be, and when the overall defence is so abysmal Louis Carey must take his share of the blame.

Archived